Mei Help - Showa Era

CrysGreen

Hello. New to the site. My name is Crystal and I have recently acquired a Showa era blade in type 98 koshirae. The mei on it has me scratching my head though. None of the possibilities I see come up in any WW2 era searches I do. There is also a Seki stamp if that helps. Any assistance would be hugely appreciated.

post-4620-0-25380300-1535303066_thumb.jpg

一為   (Looks closest to me, but I don't think there is a Seki smith of this name)

一前   (Seki smith, but somehow I don't think this is the one)

一義

一寿

All of the above feel vaguely plausible, but none of them seem to hit the mark completely. The second kanji on the tang is grass-script calligraphy, and therefore it is a very reduced shorthand cursive form of the original kanji - alas I'm not very adept at deciphering grass-script. 

ICHIBUN (一文), Shōwa (昭和, 1926-1989), Tōkyō – “Umenokoji Ichibun” (梅小路一文), “Umenokoji Ichibun kore o saku” (梅小路一文作之), real name Umenokoji Sadao (梅小路定雄), born September 1st 1909, he studied from 1955 under Sakai Ikkansai Shigemasa (酒井一貫斎繁政), he lived in Tōkyō´s Roppongi (六本木) (see picture right)  ????

• Like 1

Given the date of 1942, I've narrowed the options to:

Kazuyuki

Kazumitsu

Kazunori

Kazutoshi

Kazuo

Ichishin

Ikko

Ippo.

Unless of course it is a phrase rather than a name. I have reached out to some friends that are MUCH more proficient in Japanese, but no luck so far. I very much appreciate the help from this group so far. If anyone else has any ideas, I'm desperately curious about this mei. It is a unique looking mei and the koki dating system was atypical for the time from what I understand...so it's very mysterious.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..