Fuchikashira Opinion

Ohtar

Hi, i see that fuchikashira, but first i wann to ask to more experienced people, can you tell  me something about that? edo era? the price you paied for, if you payed something, etc. very apreciated!

i like the others (flowers) too, to me seems more quality but i preffer the dragons style. thak you guys!

post-4602-0-33686200-1534151999_thumb.jpg

post-4602-0-91029800-1534152005_thumb.jpg

post-4602-0-08969500-1534152012_thumb.jpg

post-4602-0-36714700-1534152019_thumb.jpg

post-4602-0-68524300-1534152226_thumb.jpg

post-4602-0-90225100-1534152235_thumb.jpg

post-4602-0-33153000-1534152254_thumb.jpg

Dear Eric.

Forgive me, I am not quite sure what you are asking. I would say that both examples are of medium quality though if I were to chose it would be the dragons.  The blossoms are quite worn and of a type that is often seen, almost mass produced.

If you want to understand quality in fuchi kashira you could do worse than go the the For Sale section then go to the Fuchi kashira Orphanage at about 6 post down some from Dale Garbutt.  Good images of some lovely fittings.

All the best.

• Like 1

Thanks, i take a look now, my question is if you bought it, if you think its a old eso one or a modern replica, the price you payed, etc. I really liked dragon theme. I look many tipes of all kind of fuchikashira but still dificult to distinguish that things, of course i can see a really beautiful one and see that its amazing but some others mabye espectacular for someone to me seems, well only ok, thanks for give me your impressions ;)

Dear Eric,

I believe that you are asking for an opinion on whether these are antique Fuchigashira or modern replicas and what would be a reasonable price for them (if I have misunderstood, I'm sorry).  I'll be brutally honest, I think that both are fairly bad.  The flowers are relatively modern replicas and the dragons may be too, but in any event they are not well made.  I think that the going price for these would be approximately $30-50 for the flowers and $80-125 for the dragons.  I think that you can find this same kind of dragon composition on a much better set for just a little more money ($200 - 350).

Thanks george thats exactly what im asking, thanks for your advice. If you know where i can find a dragon composition of good quality please let me know, the size i need is for a katana not tanto or wakisashi. now the prize that bidder are asking is 163 dollars so i supposed is very expensive. i m visiting aoi but well or expensive ones or i really dont liked too much, apreciated for your coment!

hi stephen, yeah this like me too much but the problem is that is small size, for tanto. the other is 3'7 cm, this is 3,5 i think but the size i need maybe 4 cm for the katana koshirae, whats your opinion about the size? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..