Opinions On A Tsuba

0331_usmc

Took a chance and placed a bid on this and unexpectedly won. Size wise it is 6.5 x 7 cm approximately.  Would this be wakizashi size?  It appears to be all copper and I am told depicts Daikoku and is signed Haruaki.  I am guessing it is most likely gimei.  Either way it is either an inexpensive lession in what not to buy or perhaps a decent beginners piece.  

20180723_193117.jpg
20180723_193240.jpg
20180723_193504.jpg

Google showed me that Haruaki made some nice stuff.  Aoi has a pretty neat Mount Fuji tsuba listed which offered a good comparision point.  In my novice oppinion the signatures differ a bit.  Still, I enjoy the carving (I thought that was the god of wealth not fertility) and really dig the copper.  The re-patination is an interesting idea and I will have to do some research on that.  I didn't know that was a thing until now.  I hope I can sneak more out from under some salty dogs like Stephen. 

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..