Collector In London Area - Shipping / Handling

I bought two items from the recent Thomas del Mar auction and just noticed that thy do not offer inhouse shipping.

So I wondered if there is any london based board member who might be interested in handling the packing & shipping for me at a service fee? The blades are housed in Shirasaya and thus rather simple to box up. Still I think a Nihonto enthusiats will probably do a better handling job than most 3rd party services.

Aside from being happy to pay for your time and kind efforts you will get the great opprtunity to look at my two failures.

Thank you and lookig forward to hearing from anybody interested.

• 5 weeks later...

depends on the shipping agent and the service you use. 

Parcelforce subcontracted their fastest services to Fedex which has caused problems. People have been more successful on the slightly slower alternatives they offer and handle directly.

The big problem is always insurance as they will not insure antiques.

Edit-Sorry I didn't answer your question correctly. Yes it is legal to send swords via the post in the UK. However as a matter of policy some carriers will not accept them. Royal mail, Fedex and several others do not carry them.

The choices are becoming increasingly limited

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..