Please Help

Stephen

「㐂」の持つ意味など

・「喜」という漢字の草書体に基づく俗字であり、喜と同じ意味である。

・七十七歳になった祝いを「喜寿」と言いますが、これは「㐂」が”七十七”と読めることを由来とする。

From here: https://junglewood.xyz/word-sentence/%E3%90%82-yomikata-henkan/

I guess anyone is lucky to have lived to 77...! :phew: 

(Still, what is the kanji after Kitagawa and before Kao?)

The thing "㐂" is used

%E3%90%82%EF%BC%9A%E3%90%82%E5%85%AD-150● of shochu " 㐂six (recording)"

Those who like shochu (or people in Kyushu) may well know. It is sweet potato shochu with many fans.

Kuroki main store Co., Ltd. in Miyazaki prefecture is the brewery. Founded in 18 years.

I think that there are many things that I have been told, such as "middle-aged" "loneliness of one hundred years".

That Shochu is called Kiroku, which is Kuroki 黒木 in reverse (Kuroki Honten where it is made). Kuroki Honten's address ends in 776, too. It aso uses the play on good fortune 喜 which is written 㐂 in So-sho grass writing, associating with 77 years of age, and triple 777s on the slots. It also has the sound of 'record' as you say, as in setting a record.

Explanation of the word games hidden in the name found here, in Japanese. https://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1231765972

• Like 1

Jean, the seller says the name is Kitagawa plus Kao, 喜多川.口.(+花押) 

(The mystery kanji in the box has not yet been identified. The Kao is the last single flourish character.)

(在銘 zaimei means 'signature present' or 'with/bearing' signature.) No-one has mentioned what the character before the Kao flourish is.

Ah, thank you, no I did not see that mail from Kelly Schmidt. The Japanese seller lists it only as Kitagawa +Kao, but does not attempt to read the missing kanji.

I have asked someone to work on the final unread Kanji; he says he will get back to me.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..