Magoroku Kanemoto For Sale On Ebay?

Comparing the origami to a couple of Nidai Kanemoto samples on AOI a bit closer and it looks kosher... seller posted a link to better pics too, btw. Can't imagine it doesn't have high reserve price or that a seller who knows what he's got would let it go for the stupid-low current bid...

I've always thought (maybe incorrectly) that if NBTHK specify Magoroku (孫六) in brackets then they are meaning the Magoroku, and later Kanemoto generations get sometimes kodai (後代) etc. in brackets. But it is probably most common for just Kanemoto without specification in brackets. So that is why extra added Magoroku is "significant".

• Like 2

To add to what Jussi is saying... the first couple of Kanemotos had a nascent, not fully formed sanbosugi- some of them actually a hint of sanbosugi. From 3rd onwards the sanbosugi was very structured.

From the only one decent shot here it looks like a very early Kanemoto generation and it could be indeed the Magoroku (nidai Kanemoto, shodai Magoroku).

So - I won this auction and paid for it.  Within an hour the seller refunds my money under the heading 'it's out of stock or damaged'.  Yeah, sure.  Whatever.

I bought to the same seller the sword kanesada with cutting test. I won and paid and then he refund me saying the item is out of stock.no reply from the seller. Sigh

Really wish you would both report him to eBay.
It's one thing to get over it and not let it bother you. But for the sake of others out there, who may go to extreme measures to raise the funds to pay him, and then have it cancelled...I think he should be nailed for this.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..