Sword Blog

BIG

The early NBTHK member could be Mr. Kenichi Endo, Fukushima...

He was interviewed by Paul Martin, so may be he will give us advice. Really int. story about the famous Mori sensei sword group.

Do not understand that there is no info and data about the early NBTHK history and the protagonists. A book to write..

Best

Hi, I am Yurie Halchak (Endo is my maiden name 遠藤).  Thank you very much for reading my website. 

Please spread the word about my website.  I want many people to read my website.  I just posted a new chapter yesterday.

I was deeply involved in Japanese sword 45 years ago. I worked NBTHK for my curator license as a intern.

Dr. Honma, Dr. Sato used to come to my house all the time.  My father went to Dr. Compton's house with Dr. Honma.

I think you guys know who are those 3 people.  I was going to work at NBTHK after graduated Meiji University, but to my regret I married and moved to L.A. 

Since then, My prestigious sword education was wasted in the garbage.  Now I started to write about sword in English feels like I am back to myself.

My website are coming to end in a few month, but after I finish, I intend to go back and add more history part and the information about my sword friend.

One of the person I studied was 24th generation of Masamune.  I still see him.  I know Paul Martin, I am not sure if he remember me though. He was a very young man then. Sadly, not too many old group are left. 

I used photos from Sano Museum book in Shizuoka for my website.  The head is Ms. Watanabe.  I knew her since my childhood.  Maybe some day  you guys may want to visit Sano Museum. They have wonderful swords there. 

please spread words to your friends about my website.  I want as many people as possible to read my website since it takes time to write.

Keep in touch.

Yurie ( by the way, Yurie means lily in Japanese)

• Like 13

Welcome Yurie!
Glad to have you here. Please feel free to write as much as you like here, we enjoy hearing about these things and especially stories about the "old days" that many of us missed. Would also love to hear more about Tsunahiro Yamamura (24th generation Masamune) and if he is still working.
I will add your website to the list of links above, and please let me know if there is anything we can assist with.

Best,
Brian

• Like 2

Yamamura Tsunahiro still work at his shop near Kamakura station.  I visited him this May.

I visit Mrs. Mori every year since 1974 with her niece(friend) whenever I go back to Japan.

This year I told Tsunahiro to come to visit Mrs with us. But he had stay in his shop.

Kurokawa (he has a sword store in Aoyama), Yamamura and I were used to joking around in his shop

ignoring the customers.  He had his store in front of Tsurugaoka-Hachimangu in Kamakura but he sold that place.

Now his shop is around Kamakura Station. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to go to the San Francisco sword show on August 4,5th.

I am sure everyone knows about this event.

Just in case, here is the information.

http://www.ncjsc.org/  

then click "SF Token-Kai"

It states all the information about the location and the date.

If anybody is going, maybe we can chat at the show.

Usually, the sword smith, Yoshindo Yoshihara is there.  If he is there, I will be around his table.

I must double check with him if he is coming in a few hours(it is still early morning in Tokyo)

Thank you

Yurie

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..