Ohi-Yaki Chawan Named "pine Tree Hapiness".

Robin

Thanks Steven,

A very large sheet of dull grey cardboard does the trick. I love my small Canon Ixus camera....it's performing great when I make close up photo's. (furthermore...not super).

Yesterday I attended a tea ceremony and the host asked me to bring this chawan, because he likes it a lot. A very kind Japanese lady also attending translated the grass script on the box for me.

"Pine tree hapiness". She pointed out pine trees are always green. That I know, but to her that has a special meaning, but being a Gaijin...I miss the importance of that. 

The tea for me was presented in my own chawan.....a special feeling and it adds to the emotional value.

Happy bunny tea novice me :)

Robin

• Like 4

Robin,

Sounds like a moving ceremony, the color of the glistening tea in your beautiful chawan must have been striking.  Whatever your production techniques,  your videos are proof of their efficacy.........sometimes the simplest of things yield surprising results!  Do continue your videos, they are worth your labours......my only complaint (hardly) is they leave me wanting more.

Cheers,

-S

• Like 2

Thanks Steven,

It was special...well, of course a first tea ceremony is always special I guess, but it was. :)

A small (just 2 tatami mats) chashitsu with nijiriguchi ("crawl in") door. Water boiling on the furo brazier....a scroll and small hanging flower vase.

Homemade wagashi sweets were served and Usucha (thin) tea was made. I was the first guest.

The poem on the scroll was explained, tea was made and the moment that will never come back was enjoyed.

I'm used to sitting in seiza for longer periods of time, but this was a new personal record!....ouch!  :blink:

When I post a new slideshow...I'll start a single topic where I can add more later. Keeps this forum nice and tidy.

Robin

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..