Seto Chawan.. A True Piece Of Art, Or..

ken kata

Hello Guys..

May I share, this " Most Precious "  Seto Chawan I just got..

There is so much features in this Bowl, as, it encompasses most all the aspects I/we, look for in Old Japanese Ceramics.

It is one of those "I just got to have it" things..

And, I am trying "Hard", to avoid all Worldly Desires...  Not working... :(

"Money is the root of all evil, and, collectables" - Alton Takata

I am going to get rid of all my Money. Bad stuff. 

There is so much "writings' on this Bowl too.

May I please ask,

Would someone be willing to look and translate the Writings?

Are  the Inscriptions and symbol  on the inner sections a Potter's/Kiln  markings?

Thanks for viewing...    Alton 

Wabi-Sabi -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmHLYhxYVjA&t=87s

post-2090-0-75720100-1529081975_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Now imagine you can only own and use 1 bowl.. This is the question that haunts me at times. I'm not well versed enough to even make a choice between my own wares. What would Alton say i wonder.

Also great video in the other thread :clap: If interested i could make some photo's of my own cabinets.

• Like 2

Axel,

That is an interesting question.  I imagine, having so much to choose from, selecting a lone item could present difficulties.  Whatever Alton chooses should be telling.  Many would, no doubt, enjoy seeing whatever things you wish to share.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Hi Guys..

I don't  "use" these bowls.. :)

Well,..  I do use one Oribe for ramen and other stuff. :laughing:  Tofu with Furikake and Shoyu..

My items..

I do hold and look at them a lot..

My mother is old, but, she and I look at them, and, we try to "Feel' which position that our hands "Fit" ,  ( like, how the potter must have felt was best..)

I try to explain what I know about the pieces, and, point out the highlights of each, or, what makes each one of  them 'special".

I don't know if that does anything ( She's old) , but, she does appreciate and participates.. That is the main thing.. :)

I do not do the Tea Ceremony.. although I do drink a lot of tea every day..

I do come here and share what I got..

At night, my escape is in Japan, Hawaii...

I'm so busy everyday..  " You never worked for the private sector.. They expect results  " -  From Ghostbusters.. :laughing:

• Like 3

Alton,

An unexpectantly heartfelt answer.  Keeping a loved one engaged is a good thing, whatever the means.  All "things", no matter what pleasant distractions they provide, fall aside for the greater issues of life.  Unfortunately we must interrupt our dreams with the trivia that is corporeal survival.  Nam myoho renge kyo.

Cheers,

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..