Books For Sale, Incl. Nihonto Newsletter And Kokusai Tosogu Kai

Jesper

Hi all,

I have several books for sale. The prices are below what I have found online. Payment by Paypal or transfer to my Swedish bank account.

I have included an estimation of shipping costs for each book, which always  is a problem when buying books online. However, if you buy more than one book the shipping cost per book may be reduced a lot. In addition to this and to facilitate sales, I have decided to pay 25% of actual shipping costs if you buy more than one book. Let me know what you are interested in and I will calculate the exact price incl. shipping.

I have enclosed a photo of the books, will add some photos of the insides later. Meanwhile, you can google most of the books online.

Questions? Just ask!

Thank you.

Jesper

List of books:

Joly´s List of Names and Kakihan. Collected from Sword-Mounts etc. by Henri L. Joly. 1963 reprint of Joly´s classical reference from 1919. English text. Holland Press, London. Hardbound, with original plastic dust jacket. Good condition. 40 Euro plus shipping. Shipping is approx. SOLD

Military Swords of Japan.
1868-1945. By R. Fuller and Ron Gregory. 127 pages. English text. Hardbound with dust jacket. Cood condition. Arms and Armour Press.1986 (reprinted 1988). 25 Euro plus shipping. Shipping is approx. 22 Euro by insured airmail.

Exhibition catalogue with swords from the Watanabe collection donated to the Tokyo National Museum.
1992. Japanese text with English list of works in the back. Detailed photos and oshigata of 13 swords, incl. two national treasures: A Sanjo tachi (10th -11th cent.) and a Sadamune katanana (14th cent., known as Kikko Sadamune) and 11 swords designated as Important Cultural Properties.  Softbound, 47 pages. Good condition, with minor stains on one side of the dust jacket and on page. 35 Euro plus shipping. Shipping is approx. 27 Euro by insured airmail.

Kokusai Tosogu Kai.
2005 International Conference & Exhibition. Exhibition of top-level kodogu (Natsuo, Nishigak, Yasuchika, Goto, Kaneie, etc.) More than 55 detailed colour photos. English text. 108 pages.  A very nice book in beautiful silk binding. Very good condition with slip case. 45 Euro plus shipping. Shipping is approx. 22 Euro by insured airmail.

100 Tsuba and Sword Accessories
by Iida and Hiruta. Lots of detailed colour photos. Japanese text with English captions. Good condition with dust jacket. 159 pages. SOLD

Japanese Sword Fittings & Metalwork from the Lundgren Collection
. 377 swords, tsuba, etc. and Jizai Okimono (articulated metal animals) from the Lundgren collection. The collection was sold at Sotheby´s in 1997. English and Japanese text. 197 pages. Hardbound with dust jacket. New, very good condition. 45 Euro  plus shipping. Shipping is approx.  27 Euro within Europe. I have two copies of this book.

Swords and Fittings. Treasures from the Tokugawa Art Museum, No. 6.
Exhibition catalogue 1989. Japanese text. 197 pages. List of plates in English. Softbound. Good condition with minor scratches on the back. 45 Euro plus shipping. Shipping is approx. 22 Euro by insured airmail.

The Japanese Sword. Iron Craftmanship and the Warrior Spirit.
Exhibition catalogue 1997 of Swords and koshirae. Tokyo National Museum. Japanese text with list of works in English describing 351 items. 197 pages. Softbound. Good condition. A massive publication. Cood condition with slightly bumped corners.  45 Euro plus shipping. Shipping is approx.  27 Euro by insured airmail.

Nihonto Newsletter
by Albert Yamanaka. A monthly, type written newsletter published   1968-1972, consisting of 5 volumes. Several reprints exist. 1000s of pages with a wealth of information c. An index is included. I think  it is the same which can be downloaded at japaneseswordindex.com . The newsletters offered here are hardbound in 3 heavy books by The Japanese Sword Society of the United States (JSSUS). General good condition with signs of use. Weight is 5.4 kilo. 135 Euro plus shipping. Shipping is approx. 77 Euro (outside Europe, a little less inside Europe) by insured airmail.

Works by Masamine Sumitani
, a modern Japanese Swordsmith (1921-1998).  Exhibition catalogue from the Sano Museum of Art and the Ishikawa Prefectural Art Museum, 1991. The catalogue has detailed photos of swords, yari and oshigata of his work and a few of his teacher´s, and some koshirae. Japanese text with English introduction and list of works covering 80 items. Hardbound and in very good condition. 108 pages with very detailed photos. A separate sheet with English information on the smith is included. He was a Living National Treasure of Japan. 45 Euro plus shipping. Shipping is approx. 22 Euro by insured airmail.

The Flowers of Japanese Swords. Masters of the Edo Period. Kotetsu and Kiyomaro
. Exhibition catalogue from the Sano Museum. 2006. 71 pieces by Kiyomaro and 35 pieces by Kotetsu incl. a iron tsuba and pieces of armour. A beautiful book with slip case. Very good condition with very detailed photos, the slip case has some minor stains.  Japanese text with a list of works in English. 160 pages. 45 Euro plus shipping. Shipping is approx. 26 Euro by insured airmail.

The Flower Blossom on the Japanese Sword. The Bizen Ichimonji Tradition.
Exhibition catalogue from the Sano Museum. 2007. Photos / oshigata of 53 swords of the Bizen Ichimonji tradition. Japanese text with an English list of works. 163 pages. Very good condition. Hardbound with slip case. The slip case has a small bump in one corner. 45 Euro plus shipping. Shipping is approx. 22 Euro by insured airmail.

Only Fittings: Japanese Sword Furniture from an Old English Collection. Part 1.
  1996. 120 pieces of high level kodogu. Detailed colour photos.  English text. Ca 70 pages. Good, used condition. The dust jacket has some minor stains. SOLD

Photo 1: Top row, left to right no. 1, 2, 3, 4. Bottom row, left to right no. 5, 6, 7, 8

Photo 2:Top row, left to right no. 9, 10, 11. Bottom row, left to right no. 12, 13

post-74-0-31526900-1529075436_thumb.jpg

post-74-0-16477900-1529075463_thumb.jpg

Bump

10% of books #2-4 and #6-12.  If you buy more than one book the shipping cost per book may be reduced a lot. In addition to this, I will pay 30% of actual shipping costs if you buy more than one book. This is my final offer. I will put them back on the shelf if they do not sell.

#1 is available again, this time from England. Price is 40 euro. Shipping is 18 euro inside EU/UK and 27 euro elsewhere.

Thank you.

Jesper

• 1 month later...

#5, 6, 7, and 12 are sold.

Thanks

Jesper

Still available:

#1 is available again, this time from England. Price is 40 euro. Shipping is 18 euro inside EU/UK and 27 euro elsewhere. Se above message.

My final offer is still valid: 10% of the listed price. I will pay 30% of actual shipping costs if you buy more than one book

Military Swords of Japan.
1868-1945. By R. Fuller and Ron Gregory. 127 pages. English text. Hardbound with dust jacket. Cood condition. Arms and Armour Press.1986 (reprinted 1988). 25 Euro plus shipping. Shipping is approx. 22 Euro by insured airmail.

Exhibition catalogue with swords from the Watanabe collection donated to the Tokyo National Museum.
1992. Japanese text with English list of works in the back. Detailed photos and oshigata of 13 swords, incl. two national treasures: A Sanjo tachi (10th -11th cent.) and a Sadamune katanana (14th cent., known as Kikko Sadamune) and 11 swords designated as Important Cultural Properties.  Softbound, 47 pages. Good condition, with minor stains on one side of the dust jacket and on page. 30 Euro plus shipping. Shipping is approx. 27 Euro by insured airmail.

Kokusai Tosogu Kai.
2005 International Conference & Exhibition. Exhibition of top-level kodogu (Natsuo, Nishigak, Yasuchika, Goto, Kaneie, etc.) More than 55 detailed colour photos. English text. 108 pages.  A very nice book in beautiful silk binding. Very good condition with slip case. 45 Euro plus shipping. Shipping is approx. 22 Euro by insured airmail.

The Japanese Sword. Iron Craftmanship and the Warrior Spirit.
Exhibition catalogue 1997 of Swords and koshirae. Tokyo National Museum. Japanese text with list of works in English describing 351 items. 197 pages. Softbound. Good condition. A massive publication. Cood condition with slightly bumped corners.  45 Euro plus shipping. Shipping is approx.  27 Euro by insured airmail.

Nihonto Newsletter
by Albert Yamanaka. A monthly, type written newsletter published   1968-1972, consisting of 5 volumes. Several reprints exist. 1000s of pages with a wealth of information c. An index is included. I think  it is the same which can be downloaded at japaneseswordindex.com . The newsletters offered here are hardbound in 3 heavy books by The Japanese Sword Society of the United States (JSSUS). General good condition with signs of use. Weight is 5.4 kilo. 135 Euro plus shipping. Shipping is approx. 77 Euro (outside Europe, a little less inside Europe) by insured airmail.

Works by Masamine Sumitani
, a modern Japanese Swordsmith (1921-1998).  Exhibition catalogue from the Sano Museum of Art and the Ishikawa Prefectural Art Museum, 1991. The catalogue has detailed photos of swords, yari and oshigata of his work and a few of his teacher´s, and some koshirae. Japanese text with English introduction and list of works covering 80 items. Hardbound and in very good condition. 108 pages with very detailed photos. A separate sheet with English information on the smith is included. He was a Living National Treasure of Japan. 45 Euro plus shipping. Shipping is approx. 22 Euro by insured airmail.

The Flowers of Japanese Swords. Masters of the Edo Period. Kotetsu and Kiyomaro
. Exhibition catalogue from the Sano Museum. 2006. 71 pieces by Kiyomaro and 35 pieces by Kotetsu incl. a iron tsuba and pieces of armour. A beautiful book with slip case. Very good condition with very detailed photos, the slip case has some minor stains.  Japanese text with a list of works in English. 160 pages. 45 Euro plus shipping. Shipping is approx. 26 Euro by insured airmail.

Archived