Big Boy's Toys...

Pete Klein

Lovely indeed. Great artist as well. But in my mind not in the same price range as a highly prized Juyo/ even TJ sword that one could acquire for that much money.

Of course - one man’s meat is another man’s poison.

Iida san’s prices tend to be a bit toppy as well. Similar items could be found elsewhere for c10-20% less but his quality and items are always very top-end.

• Like 4

Those are both fantastic. Thanks for sharing Pete. Not sure which I lean towards. I think the day/night one (thanks Stephen) gets me a little more. But either would make me a very happy man. Would love to just spend an hour studying either.

Iida san’s prices tend to be a bit toppy as well.

Yes. If memory is correct, this is the guy who does the velvet rope line at the DTI- being about as explicit as possible that it is an exclusive club.

On the other hand, he has some of the most excellent examples on display that you will rarely see outside of Japan.

In how many areas of art collecting can you purchase an iconic work by a top tier artist at this price?  Not many!

Hence, someone with FU type money will eventually buy it as relatively cheap compared to 2nd rate or 3rd rate Impressionist painting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..