Very Pleased With New Tosogu Purchase

Greg Buckingham

I recently got a new pair of menuki from Curran. He was a pleasure to deal with(could not recommend him enough) and the menuki look much better in hand than in the photos. The theme is of galloping Kirin, the material is solid gold, and the school is Yamagawa(with no specified artist). Accompanying them are Hozon papers, a very similar pair is located in the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. Overall, Curran was amazing to work with and I am very lucky that he reached out to me about these menuki. If anyone has other menuki of the kirin theme I'd love to see them and compare to mine. 

Thank you 

https://www.mfa.org/collections/object/pair-of-menuki-in-the-form-of-galloping-kirin-9760

post-4162-0-01130000-1526438036_thumb.png

post-4162-0-30705800-1526438062_thumb.png

• Like 6

As things come back from shinsa, I'll sell 5 to 8 before hurricane season.

Frank caught me at the right time, and I'm glad to have dealt with him. Communication was good, and it is nice to sell within the USA for once.

So much goes to Europe or Russia, sometimes China, these days.

It is clear that I need to work on photography skills.

• Like 1

Can't wait to see what you have to offer, Curran!

As things come back from shinsa, I'll sell 5 to 8 before hurricane season.

Frank caught me at the right time, and I'm glad to have dealt with him. Communication was good, and it is nice to sell within the USA for once.

So much goes to Europe or Russia, sometimes China, these days.

It is clear that I need to work on photography skills.

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..