Three Blades For Sale On New Website

bigjohnshea

Dear Fellow Collectors,

Hope you are all well. 

Some of you know me as I have been collecting and lurking here for a number of years. Well, just today I have launched a website with three blades for sale from my collection. 

Please take a moment to check out the website and consider adding one of these lovely Nihonto to your collection. 

https://nihontocollector.com/

Also please do not hesitate to make offers if there is something you like. I am selling the blades to move them along and fund other blades to study, or other books to add to my collection. I am not at all rigid on prices, and I will not be offended. 

Best to you all!

Cheers!

John A. Shea, MD

• Like 7

Hello John,

you probably are using some CMS like Wordpress, Magneto or Presta Shop etc ... there are plenty of avaiable images viewer plugins. You might want to use one that will just open a Jquery Window allowing a user to his full screen size. The magnifier imager viewer is too small in my umble oppinion. You obviosuly took nice images of very pretty things but it just does away all the details in the smaller viewer.

• Like 1

Will PM you Luis.

Others,

Please do make offers if you’re interested in items on my webpage. I’m motivated to sell these blades, hence the effort at making a webpage.

The deal you miss may be due to the offer you don’t make.

;-)

Cheers!

Fellow Collectors!

Hope you are all doing great!

Dropped prices for all the blades on my site. Great deals here!

Particularly on the Ko-Naminohira tachi... I guarantee you, you will never see an ubu Kamakura tachi at this price again. Aoi in Japan sold an ubu Ko-Naminohira Tachi that was only a few inches longer than this one for $14,000 once. This is an exceptional blade, and an even better deal at the new price!

Please take a moment from your relaxing weekend to check out the deals!

Cheers,

John A. Shea, MD

Fellow Collectors!

Hope you are all doing great!

The Ubu Ko-Naminohira tachi from my page has been marked sold for a well known collector I’ve worked with before.

As a result, within the next few days I will be restoring the other two blades to their original prices. Offers always welcome, and as you can see from my current sale prices, I’m not rigid on price.

Please take a moment from your busy Monday to check out the deals, before it’s too late!

Cheers,

John A. Shea, MD

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Fellow Collectors!

Hope you have all been doing well.

I decided to drop the price a bit more on the Koto era Naginata-no-saki with the hopes that someone will scoop it up, but the Shinto era wakizashi has gone back up to its original price.

https://nihontocollector.com/shop?olsPage=products

I’m not as motivated to sell both of these as I once was, and I’d rather keep the Shinto wak given the signature and the better potential for a higher paper in its current condition. That being said, I am still open to offers, and still open to trade as long as the majority of the deal is cash and my trade value is the original asking price.

Please take a moment from your busy Tuesday to check out the deal.

Cheers!

John A. Shea, MD

Dear Fellow Collectors,

Hope you are all well.   :)

I’ve made two changes to the website:

First, the socket naginata has been dropped to its final price reduction at $1250. At this price I will not be accepting offers any more as it is not worth selling at a lower price. I can sell something else to bring in the funds I need, so there is no reason to let this go for any cheaper. Trade is still an option but I would again request that the original listing price be respected for trade valuation. A link to that item is below:

https://nihontocollector.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fubu-koto-era-naginata-no-saki-socket-naginata-made-in-chikushi

Second, the Kashu wakizashi has been withdrawn from sale. There hasn’t been much interest in this wak since I listed it, and it is a shame because it truly is a lovely blade at a very fair price. I’ve decided to send it to my handler in Japan along with a few other blades to be submitted to the September Tokubetsu Hozon shinsa. It will pass as the quality is very worthy…

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Cheers,

John A. Shea, MD

Heya everyone,

I found another way to raise the funds I need so the socket naginata is now off sale price. 

Thank you to everyone who has followed the blades. Hopefully will have some other items up for sale sometime soon but for now the socket naginata is all that is left to sell on the site. 

Always open to offers. Always considering the right trade.   :-) 

Hope you are all doing great.

Cheers!

John A. Shea, MD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..