Token Kantei Dokuhon

Katsujinken

Hello:

I have both the English language translation of To-Ken Kantei Dokuhon and the Connoisseur's Book and checking here and there the text is the same where found, but there is some additional material in the latter, particularly important being the line drawings. The translator is Mishina Kenji and the Dokuhon was published by the British To-ken group. The books thus are not perfect substitutes for one another.

Arnold F.

Hi:

Just saw Paul's post, now I wonder if there are three versions as mine under the imprint of the To-ken Society has no illustrations. In any event, while not as full as he may have wished it to be, the work of Nagayama sensei has a large and extremely useful footprint that will be hard to better.

Arnold F.

Dear Arnold.

I have passed mine on but from memory the English translation was a companion volume to the Japanese text and not a direct replacement, you needed both to make full use of it.  At the time it was  valuable pair of books but the single volume Connoisseur's is much handier to work with.

All the best.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..