Tracking Down An Ija Officer

IJASWORDS

I have a sword made by FUKUOKA smith MUTO YUKIHIRO, in '98 mounts, made Spring 1942. The mei also reads "made for KOHARA MASAHIRO". I have been trying to find out information about the officer owner, but all my internet searches are fruitless. 

Are there any accessible records that I can search? I have tried with out success to find if the YASUKUNI SHRINE, the keeper of the spirits of Japanese killed in action has records, but allas nothing. 

Help would be much appreciated, as it would be great to attach a human face to this sword.  

Thanks John, I am sure there are databases somewhere, but attempts to access them has proved difficult. I will keep on trying. Maybe one of our Japanese members could point me in the right direction. 

On Muto Yukihiro, my blade is really well made, and exciting to have one that was a special order.  

When I tried to list a flag on eBay a month or so back it wouldn’t let me due to the flag being offensive. Anyways it provided a link to a Japanese agency or organization that tried to connect you with the soldiers family to return items. I’m not sure if they would have the information you seek or if it’s solely related to send captured war items back to the families. I tried to list another flag to see if I could get the link again, but they allowed me to list it and no link provided.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..