Help For Shiko Yebira

AFAIK thick laquered leather with different maeasurements according to the number of yanone to be carried, most often 10.

Sorry to be of little help but I've never had one of these and the ones I've seen , well I've not taken measurements. Some other member of the board will be more precise.

• Like 1

Bernard,

I have never seen a plate like this, and I am not sure it is original. Usually there is only a kind of frame installed in this place, and this might be made from a thin strip of metal, but also from leather. This makes sense as the feathers will have to pass through it. The archer lifted the YANONE from the leather container on his back and then pulled the arrow down. If you watch a KYUDO video, you will immediately understand the motion! 

Bernard,  Not all of these quivers have a rigid plate at the top, or indeed a frame as mentioned by Jean. I have one that has a long silk cord with the usual tassels at the end that is 'chain knotted' to form a series of loops through which the arrows are threaded. It works, but the upper part of the arrows do swing around a bit. I've just been to check I wasn't imagining things, and yes, at the top of the upright is a gilt collar fitted with a gilt ring for the cord so that is how it was when in use. 

Ian Bottomley

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..