Baffled With This

loiner1965

I just bet you that this is a gaijin production. In the "old days" (say in the mid 1960s), there were fellows who practiced the deceptionary arts - with sources and skills that were not very good. This looks like something that was "signed" at that time.

Peter

PS This is not a confession!

Well...  could this be an Island made sword towards the end of Japanese occupation around Indonesia.  There are known genuine examples.

Consider, the yasurime look reasonably well done, the leather scabbard suggests age, a good fit and well-stitched.  The middle character is TA/DA as some swordsmiths rendered it.  The other characters are - well, who knows, but the TA/DA is intriguing.

Could I suggest we see more pics full length of the blade mounted and bare???

BaZZa.

HAHAHAHA - yair, I know, but this Esteemed Group has been asked an opinion and we need to respond kindly, never mind what I personally think of such things (shudder...)

BaZZa.

>> It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop.

I like that.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..