interesting gassan sadakazu with poetry...

Darcy

Guest reinhard
Is there a colour photo anywhere?

I don't have one, but the basic material is made of shakudo, except for the rims (copper), and the inlay is gold.

reinhard

Here is another example of amazing engraving and calligraphy. This really is the pinnacle of the art-form. John

The tanto seems to be made of solid silver according to the description. Is it an ornament or something?

Guest reinhard
The tanto seems to be made of solid silver according to the description. Is it an ornament or something?

Hello Moriyama-san,

I'm not sure about this, but I think the "gin muku" (plain, solid silver) is referring to the koshirae by Goto Ichijo. The blade looks like steel to me and there seems to be a true hamon visible.

reinhard

Guest reinhard
under 61............ it says silver mumei tanto

milt

It says gin "muku", not "mumei". Muku meaning "plain-colored suit".

reinhard (the one with the high-res screen ;-))

Guest reinhard
your Hi-resolution made you see hamon ?

milt

On the sashi-omote, below the hori-mono, a witish gunome-shaped outline is visible. "Hamon" might be an oversized term for that, but it is not what I would expect to see on a solid silver blade.

reinhard

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..