A Shout-Out To Our Band Of Brothers

One thing I love about alcohol, is that after 2 shots on an empty stomach, I'm able to tap into that emotional side that isn't easily accessable under normal circumstances.

So, today, it hit me how much I really am blessed with a vast array of freinds from all over the globe. In pursuit of this hobby, I've met people, thanks to the internet, that are becoming a regular part of my life, and whom I really enjoy "hanging out" with.

I'm humbled to have casual conversations with Famous People like Nick Komiya, Bob Coleman, and Chris Bowen (I know .... they're just dudes like the rest of us, but REALLY good at the sword-thing), and honored to be a part of this large group of collectors. I'd name names, but I'm afraid I'd miss someone and hurt somebody's feelings.

So to all, I appreciate your companionship and your love of the hobby & craft. Too often, we wait until the funeral to talk about people in our lives that mean something to us. So, just in case I get hit by the proverbial Truck tomorrow -- I really love you guys (OK, I SAID IT!!!)

[Note to self: If I DON'T get hit by the Truck tomorrow, be sure to edit this post with more tough-guy talk]

• Like 9

And thank you to the mods who keep this forum clean and accessible to all, those people who contribute knowledge to make it a valuable place of learning, and last but not least the financial contributors who keep the world turning.

• Like 3

As the famous philosopher Homer Simpson said, "Ah alcohol, the cause and solution of all man's problems". Don't hate yourself in the morning Bruce, I am sure like other members we appreciate your friendship and "love". You are always quick to post your opinions, that promote responses that help us all build our bank of knowledge. As you can see, the Aussie contingent certainly appreciate your fellowship. 

• Like 3

As the famous philosopher Homer Simpson said, "Ah alcohol, the cause and solution of all man's problems". Don't hate yourself in the morning Bruce, I am sure like other members we appreciate your friendship and "love". You are always quick to post your opinions, that promote responses that help us all build our bank of knowledge. As you can see, the Aussie contingent certainly appreciate your fellowship.

So ... you're sayin' I'm on the right path with my drinking?! HA!

Yes, AussieLand does seem to be a repository of good swords and good men!

Yes easter time is oats time, will join a cold beer this evening, ..

About the famous sword people often thought, there must be a kind of a curriculum vitae section on the board, to save all the members of the fellowship of the sword in a gallery..?!!

Best

I've sent a comradely PM to Bruce and just want to record here my support for his Brotherly expressions of love, solidarity, affection and absolute devotion to Nihonto and the friends made here on The Board.  My love affaire with tipples began seriously at 18yo when I toured a winery and bought a flagon of "Claret".  Opening it at home and taking a slurp my immediate thought was "MOTHER - where have you been all my life??!!"  At 74 my enthusiasm for wine is undiminished and I'm still severely in the Grip of the Grape.  My next life's passion came with my first Japanese sword a year or two later - hard to remember that far back.  Anyway, without being too effusive The Board is a great place to be.

BaZZa.

• Like 7

I've sent a comradely PM to Bruce and just want to record here my support for his Brotherly expressions of love, solidarity, affection and absolute devotion to Nihonto and the friends made here on The Board.  My love affaire with tipples began seriously at 18yo when I toured a winery and bought a flagon of "Claret".  Opening it at home and taking a slurp my immediate thought was "MOTHER - where have you been all my life??!!"  At 74 my enthusiasm for wine is undiminished and I'm still severely in the Grip of the Grape.  My next life's passion came with my first Japanese sword a year or two later - hard to remember that far back.  Anyway, without being too effusive The Board is a great place to be.

BaZZa.

Got to spend 4 days in Melbourne, back in the '80s, on an AF trip. We brought an airplane full of Budweiser for our Ausie AF buds and (which they loved for some strange reason!) and we drank everything they had to offer. We must have done some flying in those 4 days, but I don't remember it if we did!!!

• Like 1

Bruce, I can't believe that no one has posted the timely classic as you are obviously now an honorary Antipodean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPFClJGqjBQ

PS how's your head today Bruce  :laughing:

As they say in A & E (E.R. for those of you across the pond) ... "Self administered, no sympathy".

Bruce, I can't believe that no one has posted the timely classic as you are obviously now an honorary Antipodean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPFClJGqjBQ

PS how's your head today Bruce  :laughing:

As they say in A & E (E.R. for those of you across the pond) ... "Self administered, no sympathy".

Malcolm, fabulous video!!! Thanks for that.

Head worked out fine, but I was a bit nervous about re-reading what I had posted the day before! HA!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..