New Nobui(Y)E Tsuba

rkg

Hey guys,

I've been really busy with other stuff, but in the midst of updating the system I use to control the cameras in the studio  I made some time to shoot some more new (to me) tsuba.

Here's some images of a tsuba signed Nobuiye the piece measures 81.7mm (H) X 76.7mm (W) X ~4,32mm (T, nakago ana), 5.97mm (T, max, mimi) :

post-204-0-77347000-1521322125_thumb.jpgpost-204-0-32695800-1521322192_thumb.jpg

As you can see the piece is signed Nobuiye and has a very nice yakite shitate surface, (which was apparently applied over the mei, like you see on many early pieces signed Yamakichibei).

Whoever did this understood that often the surface bori on the big guy Nobuiye work was low key/almost appearing as part of the surface texture initially, and he seems to be trying to emulate that. 

In the mimi, you can see tekkotsu as well as tortise shell bori (though again its fairly subtle) - here's a shot showing one of them (note that the lighting makes the surface look not-so-good - its much better in hand) - you actually can see some all around the tsuba, though its either very worn or has been made to appear nearly worn away (with tekkotsu visible here and there where its gone):

post-204-0-77558300-1521322726_thumb.jpg

and finally, here's a couple more images showing the surface texture/mei/etc better:

post-204-0-22841400-1521322824_thumb.jpgpost-204-0-19141300-1521322904_thumb.jpg

I have no idea which guy this might be - I came across this piece that seems to be similar, but...

http://www.shibuiswords.com/Nobuie%20Tsuba.htm

Anyway, enjoy - when I get the turntable up and running again I'll post a VR image set as well if there's interest.

Best,

rkg

(Richard George)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

In case there's any interest, I finally had the chance to run some 360 image sets of this piece - sorry about the mediocre images, but i'm kinda under the weather, and...:

http://www.rkgphotos.com/facebook_stuff/mokko_iron_nobuiye/mokko_iron_nobuiye_front/mokko_iron_nobuiye_front.html

http://www.rkgphotos.com/facebook_stuff/mokko_iron_nobuiye/mokko_iron_nobuiye_back/mokko_iron_nobuiye_back.html

Best,

rkg

(Richard George)

• Like 4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..