Tool For Removing Tsukas

cisco-san

Hello,

I am looking for a tool to remove "stucked" tsukas.

I know that somebody already offered such tool resp. this topic has already been discussed here, but can not find the thread any more. As I remember, it was a wooden tool....

Many thanks

Klaus

Hi Klaus if you google tsuka removal tool and go to images you can get ideas or go to ryujin swords website and go to sword care and at the bottom of the page there is a nakago nuki. Good luck.

Greg

Edit: or aoi as Ray posted.

http://www.Japanese-swords.com/pages/nakago.htm 

Access to wood shop? after enough images you could make your own.

the old towel on table and bump the  tsuba on edge of table  works  in a pinch. 

seems link is down

Nakago-nuki.jpg

The 'NAKAGO-NUKI'  is a tool that was designed to loosen 'difficult to remove' Shirasaya handles.

Both the 'Wedge' and the 'Hammer head' are made of Philippine hardwood. The handle is solid Bamboo.

This identical 'hammer & wedge' set (made by us) is still available in Japan for approximately $65.

We are the manufactures and you may order it from us at a 'factory direct' price of only $35.

nakagonuki-howto.jpg

I took a big bible book. Fixing the blade inside the book between the middle of the pages near the habaki with my knee on the book. I use a small wood block and a little rubber hammer to remove the handle. No problemes.

Archived