Good Morning Gentlemen,
I got this old Sake Bottle last year.
I thought it would be a interesting discussion, "as to" what it is.
The features that capture my attention, is;
1) The old Blue and White color scheme. Could this color combination be referred to, as, "Somesuki" / Mono Chrome?
2) The "Old" Impressionistic style of the Brush Strokes of the Bamboo Leaves. ( I love those Japanese Bamboo Leaf designs)
3) The Thermo Stress Cracking on the surface.
One person on a video said it reminds him of the street patterns on a city map.
I thought it looked like the Rock Wall Foundations of Japanese Castles.
4) The Cloth/Fiber weave pattern on the bottom face.
5) The Wabi-Sabi , Hand-made appearance.
Can you imagine of they took a "culture swab" , to see what kind of residue is still in the crevasses or inside the bottle?
They might , actually tell where that bottle was/came from and who touched it.
6) The body of the Tokuri has a "lumpy" surface, and, small depressions, like "Where your Fingers and Palm would fit right in".
I would like to know what you gentlemen "see" ( Your thoughts) and what you feel the time period and where it might have come from.
Thanks for viewing..