Jim Kurrasch Website

I have had this website bookmarked for a long time, and used to go there occasionally to brush up on my knowledge.

Haven't been there for a while now, and today I see the page is now gone.

http://members.cox.net/jkk/index.htm

I know Jim left behind a wealth of knowledge on his site when he passed, and was wondering if anyone has backed up the info there, or is hosting it elsewhere?

If anyone has a copy of the site, and it is not hosted elsewhere, I would be happy to host it here.

Would be sad to see all that info and research disappear.

Brian

Brian,

Pardon my language- but... "Damn-it". I am sad to hear this.

It was only Thursday that I thought about Jim and hoped his website was still operating. Beyond the Nihonto knowledge, I thought I might re-read some of his "Veteran's Hospital Rants". Ole White Lung was someone many of us greatly appreciated, and a few hated. I appreciated him, and never had (forgive the irony Jim) the heart to tell him my mother-in-law is a Veterans' Hospital Doctor.

I never met him face to face, but enjoyed quite a few emails with him. Quite a character, and I'm sorry that his website is gone. If you find a backed up copy, please let me know.

Curran

Jeanne whom I have spoken to on several occasions sinse Jim's passing. I have offered to help host the pages and keep them alive as they really need to be preserved. I am waiting for her responce. I assume th efamily owns these pages and anyone hosting them would need their permission.

Milt, you said

it's sad to see ole uchiko Jim's site gone but I have the articles saved somewhere in the dard drive.............want it if I find them

If the pages were not stored by the family and I get permission to host them, I may call on you for those files if that's ok.

Cheers

Rich

Milt,

Thanks very much for the files. Good to see someone kept them so that they can be shared.

We will await word from Rich about the permission to share them online. Hopefully the family will be happy to see his work continue. The files are quite extensive, and in word doc format? Would need to be compiled back to html and the pics extracted and new pages written.

Between myself and Rich, (given the correct permission) one of us will host the pages again. Rich is far better than I am at webpage design, but you can be assured that if the family is ok with it, the pages will be back online on one of our 2 sites.

This shows the importance of backing up pages that might not be there for us all to view oneday. Just as Rich S has done with Jinsoos pages, make sure you save these resources.

Thanks Milt and Rich.

Brian

Thanks Peter..good going.

If permisison is granted by the family, then either myself or Rich will host them for the future. There are a few pages not archived, but they should be in Milt's backup.

Regards,

Brian

can't resist this...... you mean the V.A. treatment on ole Uchiko J ?

milt THE ronin

Have that page saved too.

It would be up to whoever hosts them whether or not they want to add that page. Not really Nihonto related though..so possibly not, but if the family wants the pages out there for the public, perhaps they want that page as part of his legacy and story. Don't really know for now.

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..