Paris Exhibition

Jean

This exhibition was a big surprise for the Japanese boardmembers of the NKBKHK. I enjoyed the stories behind the armours, told by our Japanese friends... great exhibition!

Thanks for the pics, Jean!

"Get 15% discount on your first order if you subscribe to our newsletter" - great deal, done. And when I typed in the coupon code during check-out, I got the message "this order does not qualify for a discount" . :(

Ordered the catalog anyhow ... :dunno:

• Like 1

The exhibition was held in 3 different locations very close from each other. I began by Musée Guimet, the only one which had a bookshop and was so concerned by the weather (it was raining cats and dogs) that I totally forgot to buy the catalogue ..

Piers, the teppô is a 100 momme ! The signature mentions the name of the school, the owner, the gunsmith, the inlayer and the stock maker. Circa 1810.

For the exhibition I recommend that you start at the Hotel d'Heidelbach (150m to the right of the Guimet Museum), you can buy your ticket at a vending machine (credit cards only).

Then proceed to the Guimet Museum, 4th floor

On your way out purchase your copy of the catalogue

Cross the road to the Palais de Tokyo for the final part

The ticket (if I understand correctly) is valid for 2 days

Paul

• Like 1

Concerning the catalogue price and the 15% discount mentionned, I had totally forgotten the Jack Lang Law; former French Minister Lang had a law voted forbidding any discount on book prices because small bookshops/stationeries were closing due to internet competition or big companies as Amazon.

Concerning the catalogue price and the 15% discount mentionned, I had totally forgotten the Jack Lang Law; former French Minister Lang had a law voted forbidding any discount on book prices because small bookshops/stationeries were closing due to internet competition or big companies as Amazon.

Well, since this book isn't sold on Amazon (or anywhere else for that matter), there's no need to "protect" the museum shop. It also would have been only fair to state that the discount doesn't apply to books. And btw, the shipping fees are rather expensive, too.

In any case, it's not your fault, I just thought that I should mention it, so pontential buyers aren't as surprised as I was.

• Like 1

Thanks for the pics, Jean!

"Get 15% discount on your first order if you subscribe to our newsletter" - great deal, done. And when I typed in the coupon code during check-out, I got the message "this order does not qualify for a discount" . :(

Ordered the catalog anyhow ... :dunno:

Me the same Guido.

I ordered to book. But i think the price is not expensive for a full colored book over 200 sites.

Best 

Chris

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..