Meihin Katanaezu Shusei By Tanobe Michihiro (Europe)

kazarena

This book doesn’t need introductions. It was sold out of its sole, limited printing of 600 copies well before distribution. In my opinion it’s the most beautifully made book on Nihonto. With its exceptional photography it’s probably the closest printed source to seeing the featured blades in person.

This definitive reference of important swords contains 204 large format examples, with each example taking up one page with oshigata and photographs. In addition, detail of mei are included, some with additional comparisons. All oshigata were produced by Tanobe Michihiro (NBTHK). The blades are the finest examples: kokuho, important cultural property, art object and the like. The magnificently drawn and detailed oshigata are by Mr. Tanobe himself.

The book itself is simply beautiful. Double boxed, the book is tied with tape (ito) and then stored in a two-fold, cloth covered folio that closes with pegs. The large format provides unparalleled representation. In all, an exceptional reference for the serious collector.

post-248-0-43192600-1519431520_thumb.jpg post-248-0-48958500-1519431518_thumb.jpg post-248-0-37453600-1519431516_thumb.jpg post-248-0-47254700-1519431514_thumb.jpg

The corners of the outer original shipping carton have been bumped; condition of all else, the inner storage box, the slipcase, and the book is pristine, like new. 

Dimensions: 21.5 x 14.5"

Weight: 6.7kg (14 pounds, 10 ounces)

$1050

Payment either by wire transfer or PayPal (fees extra).

This is a big and heavy book. I’m attending the NBTHK Europe meeting in Berlin on March 17th and I’m also visiting London on a regular basis. If you can meet me in either locations, I’ll bring the book at no extra charge. Otherwise, please enquire for shipping quotes.

Regards,

Stan

• 2 months later...

The book is still available. For those who are attending the Samurai Art Expo in Utrecht, I can bring it with me.

Price drop: $950 / 800 euro

There won't be huge discounts on this one: I love this book and at some price point I'd rather keep it  :glee:

Regards,

Stan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This won't get any cheaper. It is well worth the investment, just imagine - large format, wonderful oshigata of the best masterpieces ever created!

And this for a price of low level wakizashi in shirasaya, of which there are tons. You won't learn a bit from that wakizashi, but you will learn a lot studying this book.

This book has been my best investment in sword knowledge so far. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived