Fraud Help

Selling swords to the UK from the US is a Royal (intentional cap) pain in the culo.  I don't blame ebay or paypal for this.  Due to the harsh restrictions on edged weapons, the swords get stuck at UK customs and either bounce back or are investigated before being passed along.  I have had to work with collectors who bought my ebay swords to get their sword out of impoundment in the UK.  For a while when this happened, ebay reimbursed the buyer but didn't claw back the funds from the seller and they then relisted the item themselves to sell in the US for a 10% loss (I even bought back one of my swords from ebay).  Ultimately, ebay realized that it wasn't worth their effort and just shut it down for the most part.

• Like 2

Its when I see headlines like this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/01/new-years-eve-murders-four-young-men-stabbed-death-london/

Then read about a "knife amnesty", then talk of getting to the route of the problem......................... just talk.

Does my head in.

Another topic, I suppose,

but I do worry about how much I invest in swords, with the way things seem to be are heading.

Plenty wrong with both eBay and Paypal.

You are in the UK Dave, eBay doesn't even deem you worthy of viewing half the stuff for sale. You get their cute little edited version of eBay. eBay Lite. No sharp or pointy stuff for you....you can't be trusted.

As for Paypal, they should stick to being a money substitute and stop trying to decide what we can use it for. If I want to buy something legal, why should I have to run it through their list of morally acceptable stuff that they think I may own. They get their damn fees, so shut up and take my money.

/rant.

Actually the restrictions are easily circumvented. I suppose it's all a matter of personal experience.

• Like 1

sure as a bucket of steam i talk up PP then i find problems with my account.

Logged in to  send Jose a bit of help with expense of his meeting room.

noticed the payment for sons  ebay buy to replace a bent rim was taken from my banks name but account ending in 7085....huh?

thats not my account!!!  waiting for other shoe to drop on this one,   something along Brians ordeal??? 

stay tuned

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..