Egg Shell Embebbed Lacquer

Peter Bleed

In conversation with some folks at the local art museum, I mentioned the use of eggshells embedded in lacquer on some Japanese saya.  They are interested in this technique, but I have no pictures of the work. Can anyone on the NMB point me to information and images of Japanese  eggshell embellished lacquer?

Peter

Steven,

Indeed you are right. Just after I punched the "post" button I decided to do some goggling and found a whole bunch of great information. I apologize and appreciate your response

In fact, this whole adventure makes me aware - yet again - of how wonderful the NMB is. Sometimes lazy people (like me) use it instead of doing their own research. But other times posting on the NMB is like dancing in front of a cave to draw out Amatarazu. (read your Kojiki if you need to). That is certainly how I feel when a naive inquiry gets a quick and generous response from real experts. Thank you, Ford!

Peter

• Like 1

Peter,

I am equally guilty of the very same things.  Google  has become such a part of our lives that it  is easily forgotten.....like our head.... it is simply there.  And yes, NMB is a great place filled with kind and gracious people ever willing to help.

-StevenK.

p.s.- May she always shine upon us!

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..