Translation Help Please

TerryS

Over Christmas I ran across a Type 98 sword and was only able to take quick pictures of the tang.  On the date side I was able to find, (sho-wa-ichi-roku-nen-go-gatsu-hi), which I translate/calculate.  as "a day in May 1941AD". On the other side I was able to find only "???-?jou-ju-man-tetsu-mune-saku". The missing characters and the meaning totally defeat me. Please help. The script on the handle, I have no idea.

[attachmentent=137313:newsword.jpg]

post-4362-0-85057300-1515357717_thumb.jpg

post-4362-0-25922100-1515357776_thumb.jpg

post-4362-0-07131300-1515359709_thumb.jpg

YOSHIMUNE (義宗), Shōwa (昭和, 1926-1989), Ōsaka – “Hachiman-Daibosatsu Minamoto Yoshimune saku” (八幡大菩薩源義宗作), “Minamoto Yoshimune” (源義宗), “Takahashi Yoshimune” (高橋義宗), real name Takahashi Yoshimune (高橋義宗), he was the younger brother of Takahashi Sadatsugu (高橋貞次) and came originally from Ehime Prefecture, from 1913 he studied under Yokoyama Sukesada (横山祐定) and learned in 1918 also from Henmi Yoshitaka (逸見義隆) and even later also from Enju Kunitoshi (延寿国歳), he died in 1946, his speciality was a gunome-chōji in the Bizen tradition, he also worked as rikugun-jumei-tōshō, shinpin no retsu (Akihide), Special Honor Seat at the 6th Shinsaku Nihontō Denrankai (新作日本刀展覧会, 1941)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..