# Peter Bleed # Kunikane

I saw that when he listed it and to be honest...it is almost TOO good a deal and made me very wary.
Seems a silly price for a katana with those fittings. But then he's a known guy Poland, so probably all ok. Mariusz....you know the guy or the sword?
It's a very attractive package, and even if we assume gimei, it should appeal. Am I missing anything? Hamon under that hadori?

Well, gee.

This seems like a lot of sword for the price quoted. It also looks like a classic example of "the new international Nihonto." To my eye is seems clearly to be a recently remounted blade. The polish seems fine. And with a toroku-sho that work seems likely to have been done in Japan. I have prattled on about the problem of "ato-mei Kunikanes" which have been - and are still - turned into mumei blades.In that situation, kin-zogan attributions might not be surprising. Altho I would be careful, maybe even suspicious. I can't say much about the sugata, altho the kissaki seems a bit long. The hada could happen, altho it is hardly stereotypical Sendai steel.

This is a good deal, but I would still have to wonder why a sword like this - that has obviously been in Japan - does not have some manner of shinsa origami.

Again, thanks for alerting me to this sword. These comments have been written in haste.

Peter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..