Usps Holiday Tracking

In prior years USPS has disabled or put on minimal mode its tracking for most of December.

Anyone recently been able to track anything from Japan?

I had a packaged leave Japan -dispatched from Outer Office-- several days ago.

According to the USPS and EMS tracking, there have been no further updates.

In the air 4 days?

Plane circling New York?

Or slid off runway into icy waters?

This one is time sensitive, otherwise I'd chill and just pour some .

• Like 1

Usps tracking in holiday mode is rather strange, things move in a linear fashion then suddenly stall.  All the other carriers are about the same this time of year so I try to factor in some extra time if possible.  It's always the item you need urgently that is delayed, count on it.

-StevenK

• Like 1

USPS tracking has never been very good. Have had certified letters and priority tracked packages stalled in various places only to be delivered in few days later and never marked delivered by USPS.  Once had a check never tracked pass a distribution center for weeks only to find it had cleared the bank three days after mailing. Can't imagine holiday tracking is any better.

Rich

Try packagetrackr.com

And that got me the same info.

Everything so far says it is on a plane running its jets at Chubu International just south of Nagoya.

The pinhead methinated young woman working the counter at USPS [remember when they had to pass an exam to get the job? No longer.] also said Chubu.

Man, this one is annoying.

Law of the 'verse.... the more interesting, important, unique, or time sensitive an item.... the more likely it takes an ethereal side trip.

Perish the heavens if it should be (D ) All of the above:  interesting, important, unique, and time sensitive.

ARRrrrrrrrggggghhhh!

Where is the 30 year old whisky when you need it???

Apparently, stuck on a plane in Chubu International. [kidding, it isn't Japanese whisky... it is older and more interesting.]

BTW, why old whisky (when I say old I mean 17 to 20 years od) costs an arm when you can get for less than half its price, same age Armagnac or Cognac? A forty years whisky is the double price of the finest Cognac dtd 1904.

Can anyone tell me why?

BTW, why old whisky (when I say old I mean 17 to 20 years od) costs an arm when you can get for less than half its price, same age Armagnac or Cognac? A forty years whisky is the double price of the finest Cognac dtd 1904.

Can anyone tell me why?

The whiskey market has seen an enormous boom over the past 10 years and the market is simply going berserk. Prices for many have doubled within a few years. Even the humble Yamazaki 12 Year has doubled here.

Can anyone tell me why?

Hi Jean- well, this part should head to the Izakaya.

Shhhh!!!   Don't tell anyone about Armagnac. That has been my semi-secret for the last decade, just like Japanese whisky once was.

Now cat is out of the bag on the Japanese stuff and I can't even get Hibiki 17 in the USA. It costs 3x to 4x what it did only a few years ago. That ship has sailed.

Though Armagnac is the best buy, it is difficult to get a selection of the better ones outside certain parts of the USA. The sellers here tack on a huge premium due to low demand.

If someone writes a good guide to them as Parker did to Bordeaux so long ago, or Jackson's intro guide to Whisky- then Armagnac market might follow the Japanese Whisky market.

Careful what you wish for....    Also, many things in the USA get passed off as Armagnac due to questionable bottling rules. Still, if living in NYC-  you can pick up Armagnac for $25 that drinks like $65-75 bottles of other spirits.

As to Scottish whisky and 17-21 year olds, if you know what you are really doing- there is little comparison or substitution. Some people debate sports endlessly. On one side of my family, they debate whisky endlessly. You'd think they were running distilleries from -Speyside- to -the Islands- [as is common parlance]. It is sort of a male love language where one uncle can tell you what whisky at what age, for what weather, and what mood. Like those people who endlessly debate sports and sport teams, I want to roll my eyes. Then I sit down with him and live through the experience as he does, and I say to myself that I so get this or "grok this". With the great fall of the GBP the last 18 months, some of the prices on the good stuff are very doable. I recently had imported a very special bottle for my brother in law. I wish I were there with him to have a dram or two, as I won't spend that amount of money on myself. I have yet to find an XO that could compete with it at the current price.

--Lucky (or unlucky) for me, I live in FL where whisky is moot for half the year. You also cannot beat Rum here for 1/2 the price of anywhere else in the world. 15 year old top shelf Rums, which are still painfully limited in complexity vs many of your whisky, cognac, or Armagnac of that age.... cost a fraction of them. The supply is so vast here, that things often go on ridiculous 50% off sales, at prices that were already 50% of what the bottle would cost in NYC.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..