New Year's Raffle

Hi everyone, ladies & gentlemen,

I was going through the history of topics and one stood out, last years the raffle 2 years ago! :rotfl: .

Now hold on, i didn't win so that's not the reason I'm bringing this up - though i did enjoy partaking. 

Since it might be a little late for a new year raffle and all, but how about a "epic start to 2018 and the upkeep of this place" - raffle?

Last year i didn't get a message and couldn't offer any ceramics, but this year if we manage something I'll definitely throw in a nice chawan or yunomi; or both (this in light of last years state of affairs, which hasn't changed at all :) only got more ceramics since then).

Or maybe the raffle has already been initiated and i totally missed it? (i searched but nothing stood out).

I'd love to participate in a raffle again! Lets get something going, the system last year seemed to work great. :thumbsup:

Edited by Fuuten

We haven't managed to get one going for the past ...2? years.
A ton of effort goes into them, and I always feel like I am begging for donations. A lot of logistics to get around too.
But if there is interest, I am certainly in for it. It would all depend on what we can arrange as prizes. Let's see what putting out feelers can show.

Hi Brian, time goes to fast i suppose?

I meant to add this link to the opening post but forgot;)

http://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/topic/18001-year-end-fund-raiserraffleetc/

Its from 2015 - you're right.

I'm totally in for it, i don't have a huge collection of nihonto, togosu etc. But i do have a ton of ceramics and love to fully participate if something is organized! I appreciate the work it costs, especially the one taking the lead, but i for one would love to do it. And i love this place, each day at least once. I try to keep up and wouldn't mind doing some charity raising for this place :thumbsup:

I have a tsuba or two to donate.

How about instead of a raffle, hold an auction with the proceeds going to the board.  I don't know what the logistics of that would look like or if it is even possible, but the proceeds to the board could be greater.

I have some things to donate for a raffle.  Is there anybody with the energy to organize the raffle for Brian?  If we can identify an energetic person to handle the prize documentation and distribution, I assume that would help a lot, correct Brian?  Once all of the "prizes" are lined up, then the next step would be to sell "chances" for the prizes.  Just a thought.  Cheers, Bob

Thanks guys. Things crazy hectic, don't think I had one "vacation" day during my vacation. So pardon any delays.
I am in if you guys are, but will take some time to start contacting people and making arrangements. I can do most of the logistics, donators usually ship directly to winners, and I can cover some postage if necessary.
Tickets are always $10 each. I think we need about 20 prizes to make it worthwhile and successful, and a few really nice ones as top prizes always goes down well. But I can't just ask people to give a lot...so let's take this slow and steady and see how far it gets. I really appreciate the thoughts and offers. We are in a good place as far as running as we are, but have not been able to take the step to better hosting yet, and that is not just a wish, it is a necessity sooner rather than later.

I can donate two good books, incl. shipping worldwide.

I do not think we should stress this. Brian needs his well-earned holiday (he is doing a ton of work on this board already) and we can start the process in January if there are enough interested participants.  It should be possible to arrange a small organization committee to manage the raffle. I´m in to help.

Cheers,

Jesper

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..