Orlando Japanese Sword Show

The Orlando Japanese Sword Show will happen June 22nd to the 24th. 2018. We will be at the same hotel, Doubletree by Hilton Orlando Airport. 5555 Hazeltine National Dr. Phone number (407) 856-0100. Rooms rates normally $149.99 but cost for us (if you mention the sword show) is $109.99. Ask anyone who has been to our show, there are dozens if great restaurants in the area and it's only 5 minutes from the airport. All of Orlando's favorite tourist attractions are within 20 minutes of the site. Table holders (and walk ins) do a LOT of business here! We will have lectures , displays and demonstrations. This is a low key highly educational and fun event. I am at toyamasamurai@gmail.com for questions. My cell is (407) 973-5802. Thank you for the time. Bob Elder

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just coming down from the Tampa Sword Show. Excellent show hosted by Bill Green. Packed with people and great swords and koshirae to look at. If anyone has never promoted a show you can't possibly know the amount of work that goes into it along with angst out the wazoo. My biggest fear at the Orlando Show is theft. As far as I know it has not happened.  Recently a  known dealer was caught red-handed stealing 2 swords. The police got them back. But the mind blowing thing about it was how many dealers said, oh yeah, he stole something from me but I got it back! WHAT??!! If that is so, why doesn't EVERYONE in the room know about it? I guarantee you that if I did, this person would not be allowed even in the parking lot of the hotel at my show. I would sign a trespass warrant against him. This person was not at my show last year but the year before. No one mentioned missing anything. Sometimes it would be difficult to tell if you have 50 tsuba and 40 swords on your table. Yet....so I will have 4 cameras in the corners at the Orlando Show recording during the day and set on motion control at night. I have one of our guys spend the night in the room. We also put tables against the doors just in case. Especially the doors to the kitchen. I know my student stays awake and watches movies because I've called there at various hours in the night. So, anyone here know anything about dishonesty among our own, please let me know. I won't broadcast it.

I run a clean fun old-style show and aim to keep it that way. Thanks for your time. 

• Like 1

Thanks Bob 

If hes that well known as sticky fingers its  my opinion he should be outed!! That may be hard for the board to post with libel laws and all, agreed he should have a no trespass at all shows!!

used to be Tampa show was a big thing, with lots of reports and pic's...sad not to get updates anymore. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..