daisho tsuba ?

Bungo

1. size difference is small...........6mm

2. color a bit off........one darker .

otherwise looks identical design.

you all think they'll pass shinsa as " daisho " ( the best deal, two for the price of one shinsa ) :badgrin: ?

p.s. one I bought recently from the daimyo, the smaller one i " stripped " from a wak i bought over e-bay years ago now polished and in shira saya.

milt THE ronin

post-18-14196734042968_thumb.jpg

post-18-141967340446_thumb.jpg

post-18-14196734046126_thumb.jpg

Milt,

always looking for that daisho. While I would say they have obviously the same style, one has a bit more of a curvature (top one) in inner diamond. Not sure if this would indicate another maker or perhaps made at a different time. Just a thought to the untrained eye. Would be interesting to see what Jim G. says or someone else such on this one. I assume you think steel is the same ie from the same time period? The question is were they made together? with this slight difference puts a "?". Close, just not sure close enough. That is my guess.

They look like different makers to me as well. Although the style is very similar and the pattern is almost identical. I think either one individually would pass shinsa. But, as a daisho from the same artist? :?

I think the shinsa team has a lot sharper eye than either myself or Mantis Dude. If they were my tsuba, I would try to shinsa them as individual tsuba; then if they pass with the same attribution have them re-papered.

But then again, I'm just a novice. Rich or Peter would probably know your chances a lot better than I would.

DaveF.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..