Oppinions On Some Iron Tsuba Please

TheGermanBastard

From what I can see, I'd guess they're all mid-late edo. period.

first image pair:

Top - I guess you'd call it a katchushi, though I have no clue if a Myochin guy did it or a shoami guy did it, or....

bottom: what does the mei say? you can't see it in this image (though to be fair if I did, odds are slim I could puzzle it out anyway, but...)

second image pair:

top - I'd guess that would be binned as shoami work

bottom left: signed Kaneiye, but who knows which one or if somebody else just signed it that way as an homage piece (utushi)

bottom right: - that one is interesting - I kind of wonder if it was done by Takechika, but probably not

On the late pieces with the various themes on the surface (along the bottom of both images) - I'm no real expert on the late stuff, but they all could have been made by many different groups so hopefully somebody who knows that stuff better will chime in

Oops, computer is done crunching a focus stack, image gotta run

Good Luck,

rkg

(Richard George)

Hello Richard,

thank you very much for your kind help. Espeically on the bottom two on the 2nd image set.

For the top one in the 1st image set I thought it to be a Muromachi Owari Piece. In the 2nd image set I thought the top tsuba to be Sukashi and also an older piece.

However I am very ignorant on Tsuba hence I appreciate all thoughts and oppinions.

Thanks a lot again,

Luis

i do like the first one with the fukurin.

looks good to me.... ;-)

may this be a Kyo ?

it somehow reminds me to the main Kyo or Kyo-Shoami, as Rich already did mention....

no Myochin but certainly!....they did not use this explicite sukashi work. (least, i do not know any Tsuba showing such).

( otherwise i fully do agree here....)

the pictures are bad my friend! (Luis)

it is definitely very hard to see any details - not to speak from the iron...

maybe you should post better pictures ?....least, this is what me here would do on your´s place...

?

Christian

post-2065-0-51110900-1511108333_thumb.jpg

Hi Luis,

nice tsuba here. My guess is:

n.o 1 Kyō-sukashi;

n.o 2 Aizu-Shōami (is it signed?);

n.o 3 Kyō-Shōami (or just Shōami);

n.o 4 signed Yamashiro (no) Kuni Fushimi jū Kaneie;

n.o 5 Umetada (possibly Shigenari).

Just my not-so-educated opinion.

Bye, Mauro

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..