Any Updates On Breakfree Clp/collector Usage On Nihonto?

Hello Guys,

Alton , again.. :)

1)  I was looking around for members who use Safariland's Breakfree CLP and/or Collector on their swords.

I was searching and found this post  from 2014/ 2015.

Link:

http://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/topic/14894-choice-between-these-two-choji-oil/page-2?hl=+break +free

The post was a few years old ( 2014/23015) , so, maybe some member's have new news , or long term (only two years for that post :) ) observations

on their blades, like "staining/discoloring".

2)  One other thought that went through my mind...

Ken Goldstein mentioned that those acids ( that might have been used to enhance Hamons) , usually turn to salts and water.

Those residues (The Salts) left behind, that might have "seeped" into the Blade,...

Do you guys  think the Breakfree products would help "neutralize" the residue contaminants  left behind by the acids?

3)   Is this a case where "new tech" stuff ,have  an improvement on old traditional ways/knowledge?

or, is it , " The old ways was already proven through out time and history".

or maybe, " I am the warrior ,in whom, the old ways have joined the new".. - From the movie , " The Last Samurai" ( the inscription on the new Blade )

Please post your opinions and thoughts about preservatives on Nihonto.

Thank You for viewing..

Alton , again :)

EEZOX is 100% trichlorethylene. This is a very dangrous chemical substance. It is forbidden in the EU Union in 2016 after scientist have found out that Trichlorethylene causes parkinson. Trichlorethylene is also highly carcinogenic. The good things are not very healthy.  :laughing:

Only for info when you handle this.

Btw.

I was asking Tsuruta San what AOI Art uses now for protection. He wrote they uses now only camellia oil by Kurobara Brand.

http://www.environmentalgreenproducts.com/store/kurobara-brand-camellia-oil-pr-16353.html

In his opinion every oil works well as long as it keep the blade in good conditions.

I think i will go with camellia oil further and throw the synthetics away.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I use the high grade   camellia oil as well, proven efficacy  for one reason. The other is that mineral oils are not good for wood, (remember the saya) whereas vegetable oils like camellia at the least do no harm, and may even benefit it. It has also been commented on just how well and evenly the oil  I use (Kurobara) covers the blade without drips or gaps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..