Markus Berlin Report

The last image shows what was rather interesting moment. Peter pulled out a large plastic bag of papers and the like that accompanied one of the armours (I'm ashamed to say I cannot remember which one there are so many but I think it is one still in store). Amongst the papers were kiwame fuda and other historic documents relating to the armour,but also several hata sashimono, bags and other items. Just a minor fun incident in a fabulous few days.

Ian Bottomley

• Like 4

Wow, that was pleasant to open and read.

I'm confused though by the museum hours: 

Mittwochs, freitags und sonntags

von 14.00 - 18.00 Uhr

Wed, Fri, and Sunday- but the ticket sales available [50 per day?] correspond to Mondays, Thursdays, Saturdays.

Given the two have no overlap, I must be missing that some days are open to groups and others to individuals? Or it it something else [probably obvious to everyone else] that I am missing?

Curran

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just to clarify that the opening days are Wednesday, Friday and Sunday only.

Visiting hours are from 2 pm to 6 pm.

There are two entry slots on those days.

The first one from 2 pm to 4 pm and the second one from 4 pm to 6 pm.

Each slot allows 25 visitors.

One has to keep in mind that the showroom is not that large.

So by reducing the amount of visitors for each slot makes the visit more relaxed and enjoyable.

Thomas

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I want to ask about the sword showcase. I plan to built a swordroom in my house. The showcase in the museum has a gap between the sliding doors (it looks like so). Did the blades stay there blank over the time? How often they need care? How they treated.

Thanks 

Chris

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..