Really Love This Blade, But Need Help With Kanji

mareo1912

Dear members,

I came across a very nice blade that really makes me adore it, but I could use some additional information about mei and the description as my usual translating tries did not work at all and I still did not have the time to get better with Japanese.

Also, your thoughts on the blade would be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much for every help!

Marco

post-4084-0-28728700-1508820921_thumb.png

post-4084-0-92155600-1508820927_thumb.png

post-4084-0-52839300-1508820940_thumb.png

post-4084-0-65779200-1508820982_thumb.png

post-4084-0-83465500-1508820998_thumb.png

• Like 1

You have a blade with a BIG name on it, It is polished and you have a description in Japanese.

How high are the chances, that the blade were never showed to an expert, when you can make

a real deal? So, with Occams razor: gimei.

Uwe G.

Hello:

I agree with Ray. After searching the Sano Museum monograph on Kiyomaro celebrating the 200th Anniversary of his birth one finds a number of examples and rather close mei.

I don't understand the trotting out the imagined power of Occams (sic) razor on this Board from time to time, intended perhaps to lead to a round of collective genuflection, as it only says that entities, which could be assumptions, are not to be added beyond necessity. That is by the way the favorite approach of reductionist methodologies to which everyone would not subscribe. Looking objectively at the blade, its quality seems high, and the other necessary condition is to have the mei pronounced on in a shinsa context if one wants to be entirely sure that it is wrong.

Arnold F.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..