Ko-Kinko Fuchigashira In Perfect Condition. With Nbthk Hozon. Is It Real?

Krystian

Hi, 

I bought this fuchigashira for a very reasonable price. It is in perfect condition and with hozon origami. But the condition of this piece is so amazing for a 500 years old item that I just can't believe it. Do you think it is genuine ko-kinko? 

Best Regards, 

Krystian

post-4067-0-61624000-1508490508_thumb.jpg

post-4067-0-57906900-1508490511_thumb.jpg

post-4067-0-00376500-1508490515_thumb.jpg

post-4067-0-89084200-1508490516_thumb.jpg

post-4067-0-49830100-1508490518_thumb.jpg

post-4067-0-04741900-1508490520_thumb.jpg

post-4067-0-38367500-1508490521_thumb.jpg

post-4067-0-83202100-1508490522_thumb.jpg

post-4067-0-86706500-1508490523_thumb.jpg

post-4067-0-42076700-1508490525_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The NBTHK is known for its rigorous process of reasoning, which is also rigorously secret, as they won't give us any clues it in their papers.

The NBTHK shinsa has made some Solomonic verdicts such as a "tachi tsuba" attribution (no period indicated) to what appears to be a Nambokucho/early Muromachi yamagane guard or a "Higo tsuba" to what appears to be Jingo or Hayashi (Curran knows the latter case). Such attributions are harming the NBTHK's reputation when it comes to tosogu. 

The fuchigashira is an Edo product. If that qualifies for ko-kinko, so be it. 

What do you mean by sending away? In our world, if the NBTHK says ko-kinko, it is ko-kinko, even if it is not. And it is nice enough, so as long as you have not paid too much, you are fine.

If you think of creating a set, I have bad news for you. Adding a tsuba with namazu to this namazu f/k won't make the two parts a set (actually, I am not sure if the fish on your tsuba is not something else). Adding a plain iron or iron sukashi tsuba will create a pleasing effect, IMHO. Hit the "Uchigatana no Koshirae" book to see what has been mounted with what.

The NBTHK is known for its rigorous process of reasoning, which is also rigorously secret, as they won't give us any clues it in their papers.

The NBTHK shinsa has made some Solomonic verdicts such as a "tachi tsuba" attribution (no period indicated) to what appears to be a Nambokucho/early Muromachi yamagane guard or a "Higo tsuba" to what appears to be Jingo or Hayashi (Curran knows the latter case). Such attributions are harming the NBTHK's reputation when it comes to tosogu. 

The fuchigashira is an Edo product. If that qualifies for ko-kinko, so be it. 

Hey, someone else said it this time. -Not me-.

I'm not pulling the St. Sebastion archery target routine any time soon.

Maybe I was thinking *exactly* as the fine European above, and noted the papers dated to 2015, but others can argue that and deal with the dogmatics.

I referred to Rokujuro joke about sending it to him so he can throw it away:) 

I bough It because It looks very nice. It is simple, elegant and in almost perfect condition. If It is real ko-kinko than it is another positive to add to the list. I just did not see many ko-kinko items in such a great shape. At least not for less than 100.000 JPY. 

Don't worry. I do not plan to make a set. Though I know who has matching menuki (also with ko-kinko NBTHK attribution)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..