Handmade Sterling Silver Seppa

Stephen has a nice project going on and it gave me incentive to make a couple seppa for a gunto I posted questions about. The tsuba and seppa were loose and I thought why not destroy a perfectly good sterling silver bowl since I had no brass. Cut out was simple, I did a random hammer finish, knurled the edge and gave it an aged patina. Good snug fit now.

post-4243-0-11861300-1508380786_thumb.jpeg

post-4243-0-22110600-1508380811_thumb.jpeg

post-4243-0-07713400-1508380826_thumb.jpeg

Good work.. But NOT cool!

not even a little cool?

Crazy destroying an antique piece for two seppa. You got a lot of seppa on ebay when you look around.

Btw your work looks nice. Best Chris

I looked the piece up, it only had Silver value. Thanks

Why destroy such a nice bowl ? No silver coins available ? Here in Italy a couple sterling silver 500 lire coins goes for a bunch of euro and working it on the hammer is fun...

I have coins but they always have more value than scrap silver, I have pounds of this scrap sterling I use on random projects, eventually I will smelt it all down.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..