Goshu Kunitomo Teppô. What Gunsmith ?

Hello

Can you help me for translate the name of the gunsmith of this Kunitomo teppô (without lock)

I read on the barrel this kanji

1 Go 2 Shu 3 Kuni 4 Tomo 5 Fuji (To) 6 ?  7 ?     8 Masa  9 ?

And on the stock

O shima Yoshi Bei Munemasa

On the left side of the buttstock we can see three engraved stylized cranes

Thank you for your help

Regards

Bernard

post-2269-0-54552700-1508244753_thumb.jpg

post-2269-0-37570800-1508244767_thumb.jpg

post-2269-0-01107200-1508244792_thumb.jpg

post-2269-0-88838400-1508244835_thumb.jpg

Bernard, the stockmaker is listed by that name under Kunitomo, but no dates are given.

The forge/shop name 藤立郎 may be read Totatsuo or Totatsuro. (Most of the Kunitomo smiths read To for 藤 rather than Fuji.)

The name at the bottom is puzzling as I cannot (yet) find the last Kanji in my dictionary. I suspect the smith has used artist license to create his own Kanji, changing the bottom right of 倏 to 日 (from 火 or 犬). Would 正倏 have been read Seishuku (or Shoshuku), perhaps?

I hope Morita San can comment here!

• Like 1

PS Since there is no 藤立郎 listed for Kunitomo, and I have checked and double checked, could it be 藤五郎 Togoro?

In this case there is a 国友藤五郎 正倏 Togoro (Seishuku/Seishu?) listed for Kunitomo, except that the bottom right of the last Kanji is 月..., another variation. (The bottom right does seem to be interchangeable here!) None of these are offered in my keyboard, so it would take some time to bring all the different kanji to the table.

A very, very nice Teppou and quite similar to one of mine.  A pity so many parts are missing.  Sigh...  One always wonders how this happens.  Bernard, could we please see photos of the barrel top, the mon etc etc.

Best regards,

BaZZa.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..