Regional Meeting Token Society Of Gb

Dear All

On Saturday 14th October the Toekn Society of GB held a regional meeting in the North East of England. The meeting was enthusiatically supported and we were joined by members of both the Scottish and Irish Token Societies. A full report will be posted on the Socieites Facebook page and website but I have attached a couple of images to give a flavour of the day.

As always it is an excellent expereince to spend time looking at swords and fittings with other enthusiasts and the quality and diversity of the pieces on display was truly incredible.

We hope to arrange further meetings throughout the country in the future.

post-15-0-98696500-1508141423_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-43480000-1508141450_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-55178600-1508141506_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-55633500-1508141594_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

It was great fun Jean and demonstrated yet again the benefits of such meetings and hands on examination of good swords. To date I have only had positive and enthusiatic feedback from those who took part.

There is no doubt that our interests have been greatly assisted by the use of modern technology and there is a wealth of information available via the net that 30 odd years ago we could only have dreamt about. But (you there would be one!) it really is no substitute for holding a 750 year old blade (or indeed some of the much younger pieces) and getting up close and personal with its  beauty.

Hi Paul

A Great day out and many thanks for arranging the Token event at the weekend, I hope you can do this again at the same venue, and the bonus I meet some great people and made some new friends,

please thank all the members who supplied some great fittings and swords from there own collections and of course yourself for allowing us to see and handle your  own wonderful collection.

Apologies for gripping your sword tang like a boa-constrictor ,I  just wanted to make sure I did not drop it  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

Hi Ray 

good to see you and have a chance to catch up. I must admit I enjoyed the irony of having so many visitors from across the border come to a venue originally built to protect the people from the marauding Scots!

There really were some interesting pieces available, not least some excellent tsuba and other fittings.

These events can only work with the generous co-operation of those who are willing to share examples from their collections and those who make the effort to participate.

I am really humbled when  seeing  the range and quality of pieces held with UK collections.  I am confident this quality is equalled or surpassed in other parts of Europe. I think the more groups communicate ahd share ideas the strongerour community woll become and the greater will be the resultant understanding of this all consuming subject.

we will certainly plan to do more

• Like 4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..