Kabuto Find

Kazee21

Hello again everyone! Some of you read my mempo find, to which I was allowed to return. I picked up a kabuto and hambo instead. I don’t know if it is me chasing something I really want, or just emotion when I find these things and purchase blindly! Anyway, let me know what you guys think, and if paying $1,700 is absurd for this package! Thank you!

post-2767-0-35427200-1507596293_thumb.jpeg

post-2767-0-01670000-1507596314_thumb.jpeg

post-2767-0-90092600-1507596334_thumb.jpeg

post-2767-0-93310600-1507596357_thumb.jpeg

post-2767-0-68763300-1507596377_thumb.jpeg

post-2767-0-73440400-1507596399_thumb.jpeg

Chansa,

Just out of curiosity, why do you ask information or advices after buying and not before?

Did you not read what I wrote about emotion and blindly buying!? I have a sickness! Also because if I leave the items there, it could be gone when I think about it and return to purchase. Why not buy first get it in hand? The people I deal with let me return the items if I am not happy.

They are simple, the urushi is flaking off, and will continue to do so. The bottom lame on the hanpo looks broken. They are nothing unique, but it is important that YOU LIKE THEM. Collecting is a personal choice, and you can't spend your life chasing someone else's taste.

I can't afford 30,000$ armor, but that does not prohibit me from collecting lesser, but quality items, that I ENJOY.

So don't worry about what others think. If you have real concerns about an item, ask, if you want to know age, school, etc., ask, but don't worry about our opinions. They are like butts, and everyone has one and they all stink.

• Like 1

Chansa,

So why bother what others think of the price? Justin has perfectly said it, the important is that you like it.

It would really mattered if you studied Nihonto/katchu and would like to see if your appraisal and knowledge are improving but it is not the case.

You got what you pay for, a low to medium quality simple set with some issues.

There is always the rule of thumb: you get what you pay for :)

Thank you Jean. I was just wondering if I paid too much. I do like the piece, and will keep it on display. I collect swords not armor, so that’s why I was trying to get a baseline for what I should spend that’s all. What I was going for was that was a good deal, or that was too much. That way, I would know how much to spend the next time I found another! Anyhow, no further comments needed! I will talk to the guys at the shows!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..