Togishi In Slovakia (Martin Hornak)

Hello,

I have two blades which would need a polish. But from commercial point of view, it makes no sense to ship to Japan.

Therefore I want to ask you if somebody has ever dealt with Martin Hornak from Slovakia (http://www.nihontotogishi.com/). I found him on FB. Of course I am in contact with him via email and we are in discussion, but he is not responding on regulary basis my emails... :-(

Therefore I am not sure... :dunno:

On his HP he did not state to be traditional trained Togishi, but in email he said that this master is Joji Tamaki sensei from Kyoto?!

What do you think?

Many thanks for any comment in advance.

• 2 months later...

Well, on top of my head I can not recall any Togishi who does not state his basic rate. With most polishers it is 80.00 - 120 USD / inch. I see nothig wrong about them stating their price.

Hence I asked Martin via PM. Since the reply was rather esoteric it is not my cup of tea but I wish Martin good luck with his ventures though and look forward to seeing some of his work posted here.

Yes of course Stephen. But how should you decide when you didn't know what will happened? I built up a christian "Marterl" 220 cm high by two  mason Artists from a ancient pillar. And i couldn't start this adventure without knowing what it costs.  ;-)

Thank you all for kind replys .

&there was an email that requires price i replys as regular . unfortunately it was too much for the swordcollector, i do translations of documents from nihongo also swords historical backgrounds and valuable information about each individual samurai old swords or new swords artistical details . In Japan there is much more level of customer sensitivity and it should be involved into western world in certain degree,. I agree with many there is not comparison in western world and deep Japanese origin , but some strict level of speaking should be involved here,.

I am not very much for public informative notes instead  more talking privately on email adress to keep polite level for my client .

This including posting certain swords highest value from private collections of client . On my fb page is source of my works .

This always prevent wrong informations spread around by others individuals to make misleading publicity!!!

I can provide proffesional sword evaluation here in europa or directly made in Japan .

If you like ask me directly on pm mesage on email ,. Kind regards ,.Martin

Hi Martin,

Welcome on this board.

I had an interesting discussion with Robert R. - I think you know him very well....

He told me a lot of good things...

Anyway, I will continue our email conversation, we started last Autuum, beginning of next week as I am on vacation at the moment.

Kind Regards

Klaus

Edit: Name shortend

I am preparing for public close look on my own way in samurai sword spirit understanding , in fundamental and very high spiritual level. There is in hand with old swords the new swords apreciating artistic and spiritual elements also for introduction .

Soon Thank you all dear sword collectors , students , or enhusiasts . Regards , Martin Hornak

&there was an email that requires price i replys as regular . unfortunately it was too much for the swordcollector,

Yes, that was me ... and yes, it was more than I could take - in terms of spirits. I am more the down to earth type. As far as the price goes I don't know as none was disclosed.

So may the good spirits always be with you in your ventures and all the best

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..