a little bit more

Darcy

Never noticed this before but there is a bit more on the inside (back) of my Honami Koson origami. It's dated, Showa (?)9. The rest of it I can't read.

Different hand from Honami Koson looks like, and it has a seal.

date-l.jpg

Guest reinhard

The date on the right reads:

Showa niju ku nen (29th year) kinoe uma (zodiac according to Showa 29th year: year of the horse in the kinoe cycle). I can't read the left column though.

reinhard

Thanks guys...

By the way, anyone know when Honami Koson passed away?

The sword was papered in the 18th, 20th, and 21st centuries. That's pretty cool now that I think of it.

My inkling is that it's been continued to be suspected to be a Masamune and so the maker is revisited very often. It doesn't look like any Yukimitsu I have seen before, and with the kitae and shape I tend to think it is more likely Sadamune. So they keep going and checking it out I believe, and as the stack of authorities before all say Yukimitsu it gets harder for the next guy to disagree :-).

Interesting, so with this date then being 1954, has to be one of his last... I wonder if the Ikeda still owned the sword at this point, my gut feeling is that it was sold and the new owner brought it in for origami.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..