Woo Hoo! Or Doh!... Published Piece Just Sold On Yahoo!Japan

I guess that depends on whether you're the buyer or seller  :thumbsup:  :bang: 

Hey guys,

While looking at stuff at Haynes's place this morning, somebody had brought along some books he had bought from our own Grey Doffin, and...  I realized that there was a piece in one of them that had just sold on yahoo! Japan..

Here's my posting with the link/images I shot of the book.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Kod%C3%B4gu-no-Sekai-%E5%B0%8F%E9%81%93%E5%85%B7%E3%81%AE%E4%B8%96%E7%95%8C-266005023454853/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1449316395123704

Enjoy,

rkg

(Richard George)

• Like 3

Simon,

You're right - Realistically, publication often has much more to do with what somebody has on hand/can get image of than quality/historical significance etc.

One has to look no further than the prices commanded for Sasano collection pieces (many of which have been badly overcleaned) or Compton swords (some of which didn't seem to deserve their juyo papers) to get really cynical about the collection price "adder" - but on the other hand, a lot of people think its kind of cool to have the piece/book combo, and sometimes the descriptions are helpful in studying an item.

The discussion we had was interesting though.

Best,

rkg

(Richard George)

The publication does not mean anything.  ( I have some ) Quality is crucial, nothing more.

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..