Collectors In Indian Territory

This is a worthwhile thread and I seriously do wish to offer support. I view sword collecting as a "social activity." Meeting a speaking with other people should  be an important part of the experience. I also think there is no replacement for looking at "new" swords. This list offers quick access to translation and typology issues. But collecting has to involve looking at and handling real swords. So, by all means I wish the OklahomaToken-kai all the best.

I recently moved on from the Nebraska Token-kai (reducing its charter membership to TWO) to be closer to granddaughters I'd welcome visitors!

Peter Bleed

Tom - Which show in Tulsa?  I would enjoy one there as it is very close to me.  

Peter - Yes, hands on experience from people that can share your knowledge would be a great experience.  Maybe we should try and get a few of us together.  I would welcome that.  I also have 2 blades I could bring for discussion.  One has turned out very interesting as I purchased it from an estate sale and after having it for almost a year, it is beginning to show its "personality" so to speak.  And I believe it to be a traditional made sword now.  Although, my knowledge is quite limited.  Just going off the properties of the blade after traditionally cleaning it for months now.  (it had not been cleaned for years before I got it).  The other is a wakizashi that has turned out to be a great study sword for me.  Anyways, weekends for me are the only time I would be able to meet up.  My work is very greedy.  Ha.  

Best Wishes

Dave. The Tulsa show is, I believe, in November. I talked to a sword dealer/collector I know at the San Fran show. He said it is definitely worthwhile. I'm only 1.5 hours away. I will definitely be going.

Pete. Would enjoy meeting and talking with other collectors. I am new to this area of collecting although I have been collecting WWII militaria since I was a kid. (when dinosaurs walked the earth)

tom

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/frames.html

Dave -- link above

i haven't been but it seems it's a mixed-bag show - firearms, militaria and some Japanese blades/items. Apparently there is a dealer near Tulsa (?) who goes by "Samurai Sam" who I am told is usually there. This may be the Sam Young mentioned by Stephen at the beginning of this thread. Anyway I'm going. Would look forward to meeting you as well Pete from Arkansas.

tom

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..