Wtb/t - Horii School List

Okiiimo

I’m posting these three items as long-term wants and one item that is available in trade. Please check out the attached PDF file and send inquiries either by NMB mail (user ID: Okiiimo) or by email at “asn” a-t “gci.net”. I will provide donation(s) to the board upon a successful transaction.

Thanks for looking!

Regards,

Allan

Edit: 8/25/2017 -  revised PDF attachment and included Tanobe translation.

Nihonto Want List.pdf

Morita-san

Most of the nihonto books I own are in Japanese!

If I am able to obtain the book, it will become a translation project. My mother is fluent in Japanese, born in Sapporo, provides assistance when needed. I am working on translating another book titled, " Enishi: Katanakaji Horii Ke Hyaku Go Ju Nen no Rekishi" by Tanetada. Translating is slow going but it's been rewarding and I'm slowly learning through the process.

Based on the bits of information about this book posted on the forum, this book has information about the Horii School and the Muroran Steel mill that is unavailable in any other reference. I'd love to learn what other secrets this book might yield!

Thank you for the question!

Allan

Posting the contents of the PDF attachment so it might show up in a future forum search.

ITEM #1: BOOK

Paying generously for the following book in ANY form (original, photo copy or electronic copy). It’s seems to be an important reference for the Horii School and since I’m collecting Horii, I’d really like to work on translating it to increase my understanding of the school. The reference is obscure and the only place I’ve ever found it even referenced it in the NMB forums.

Title:                            日本製所と瑞泉鍛刀所について [The Japan Steel Works LTD, and Zuisen Sword Making Workshop]

Author:                      安立健 [ADACHI Kenzo]

Publication year:    1974

Pages:                         81

ITEM #2: Horii Taneaki katana or tachi.

Taneaki was nidai of the school and studied under Horii Taneyoshi (shodai) and worked from 1868 to 1912.

ITEM #3: Wartime era (Showa 20 or earlier) katana or tanto by Horii Nobuhide.

Nobuhide was the son of and studied under Horii Toshihide from 1940 to 1989. I’m primarily interested in wartime era production however would consider a nice post-war example by Nobuhide.

AVAILABLE FOR TRADE: Dewa Gassan Naginata Naoshi

With edo period koshirae, NBTHK TH (blade), NTHK Kanteisho (blade), Tanobe sensei sayagaki and NBTHK Hozon (koshirae). Kogatana signed by Kinkazan Fugiwara Kiyonaga. This blade was restored by Robert Benson who also facilitated the submittal for NBTHK shinsa where the blade received Tokubetsu Hozon and the koshirae received Hozon. A few years later, the blade received NTHK kanteisho and a sayagaki was made by Tanobe Sensei.

Please see PDF file in the original post for photographs of the book cover and blade available for trading.

• 2 months later...

REPOST: The file link to the PDF seems to be corrupted. Still seeking these three items as long-term wants and one item that is available in trade. Please check out the attached PDF file and send inquiries either by NMB mail (user ID: Okiiimo) or by email at “asn” a-t “gci.net”. I will provide donation(s) to the board upon completion of successful transaction(s).

WTB #1: BOOK - Paying generously for the following book in ANY form (original, photo copy or electronic copy). It’s seems to be an important reference for the Horii School and since I’m collecting Horii, I’d really like to work on translating it to increase my understanding of the school. The reference is obscure and the only place I’ve ever found it even referenced it in the NMB forums.

Title: 日本製所と瑞泉鍛刀所について [The Japan Steel Works LTD, and Zuisen Sword Making Workshop]

Author: 安立健三 [ADACHI Kenzo]

Publication year: 1974

Pages: 81

WTB/T ITEM #2: Horii Taneaki: katana or tachi. Taneaki was nidai of the school and studied under Horii Taneyoshi (shodai) and worked from 1868 to 1912.

WTB/T ITEM #3: Horii Taneyoshi: katana, tachi or tantō. Taneyoshi was the shodai of the school and studied under Naotane.

WTB/T ITEM #3: Wartime era (Showa 20 or earlier) katana or tanto by Horii Nobuhide. Nobuhide was the son of and studied under Horii Toshihide from 1940 to 1989. I’m primarily interested in wartime era production however would consider a nice post-war example by Nobuhide.

AVAILABLE FOR TRADE: Dewa Gassan Naginata Naoshi

With edo period koshirae, NBTHK TH (blade), NTHK Kanteisho (blade), Tanobe sensei sayagaki and NBTHK Hozon (koshirae). Kogatana signed by Kinkazan Fugiwara Kiyonaga. This blade was restored by Robert Benson who also facilitated the submittal for NBTHK shinsa where the blade received Tokubetsu Hozon and the koshirae received Hozon. A few years later, the blade received NTHK kanteisho and a sayagaki was made by Tanobe Sensei. See PDF file for photographs.

Please contact me via personal email or via NMB messages.

Regards,

Allan Nakanishi

20171030_Nihonto Want List.pdf

Archived