Help Translate A Tsuba Mei

grendel67

I am a Newbie when it comes to Tsuba  I collect Japanese Pottery and other art work . I picked up 5 Tsuba today along with other sword parts but no blades ;( only thing I haven't gotten yet for my collection. mainly due to having to get the wife talked into it. since it can be a big purchase price. Unlike pottery I don't have much reference material to look at . any ways I am just posting one right now. Size  about +-74mm x 71mm 5mm

Iron with a flower cut out pattern .

post-4175-0-46707900-1501987846_thumb.jpg

post-4175-0-98830100-1501987847_thumb.jpg

post-4175-0-60462600-1501987849_thumb.jpg

江府住 正

Kōfu jū  Masayoshi

The first part, Kōfu jū means "resident of Edo", the second part is his name, Masa-something. I cannot read the second kanji of his name. It vaguely looks like 芳 (yoshi), but I do not have great confidence in that guess, primarily because of the several smiths who used the art name Masayoshi, none of them signed as "Resident of Edo". Which means my reading is wrong (likely), or it is a signature that is so unique it hasn't made it into the reference books (unlikely, but it happens). 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..