Yahoo Is Getting Too Expensive

Yep.

Open up some Chateau Clinet to go with it.

We see a lot of sellers now crosslist on ebay. I don't mean the arbitragers that put on a 100% or greater premium.

With export of fittings not being much of a problem, I expect eventually someone will profit from a service helping them to list internationally on eBay or elsewhere.

I bought a Saotome tsuba the other month, with some shilling pushing me up to the edge of my limit. Then added fees and such resulted in it being about +20% of what I had expected.

It is fun to windowshop Yahoo!Japan, but it isn't much of a place for bargains anymore-

ie. like any neighborhood that has gentrified a bit too much, whereas I find myself cycling back to eBay after having given up on it for a few years.

In a way I am happy I only go for the lesser pieces when reading all of this.

My standard operating procedure on Ebay as well as yahoo :

Ebay : Show items with lowest price and shipping first
Yahoo : Look to the left to see a list of price ranges, then start with the lowest and work your way up. Also check time ending soonest.

Gems to be found on both.

Or do you think 6 Edo period Yatate for 9.99 a piece is not a steal ?

What I do not really understand at times in Yahoo is that you can have two bidders on the page, and then when you yourself bid all of a sudden there are 30 or more bidders.

I guess it all has to do in which spectrum of the market you are bidding. Cross platform selling is annoying at best, but you can see the names with which sellers operate on both platforms by just being observant, and then either bid on one platform or on both. It works two ways.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..