Old To-Ken Society Competition

BIG

Fooling around, there's an old token society programme with very int. issues. A Kurosawa film, new collectors/beginning collector advice, thoughts about collecting quantity or quality and a W.M. Hawley letter

about "gift" swords..

And the winner of a "the ten best sword fittings makers" competition wrote down his choice.

What about a competition here on NMB?

Best Regards

• Like 2

No limiting? Just flat out, who's the best? I don't know much about fittings, but if they're like swords, to really get a fair competition, should we not separate by medium (iron vs. soft metal) or era or something? I couldn't possibly even contribute as outside of a couple names I've memorized that I couldn't pick an example of their's out of a line up, but just asking.

Peter,  That brings back memories - I wrote the input from the Northern Branch as we then were. So many names of collectors past of fond memory pop out of the page. If you have others of these old programmes, see if there is one with a Christmas quiz compiled by dear old Vic Harris. That will amuse you.

Ian Bottomley

• Like 2

That is confirmed. We had our archive scanned and published for posterity because we decided that knowledge and library would be wasted otherwise. What happened is that many of the old

members passed away, the paper versions of these publications are getting destroyed and lost and they provide valuable research information. In fact, we decided it as organising committee of the ToKen Society and discussed it in a few of our wider Society meetings - there was no objection but widespread support.

Peter would not know any of that as I think he is based in Germany and has only been reading and downloading our archives.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..